Author Topic: Memorable Movie Moments - Favorites  (Read 79918 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Memorable Movie Moments - Favorites
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2021, 08:04:15 pm »
@MikePence

LOL!  And I thought I was a movie buff!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2021, 09:35:41 pm »
@MikePence

Yes, quite the range there, too! :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2021, 09:48:04 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2021, 09:53:56 pm »

Offline MikePence

« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2021, 07:07:29 pm »
@MikePence

Yes, lol I love movies!  :beer:
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2021, 12:34:17 am »
@rustynail , I thought I was the only person who had seen that movie.  Mickey Rourke is awesome.  Did you ever see The Pope of Greenwich Village with Rourke and Eric Roberts?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2021, 01:33:44 am »
@rustynail , I thought I was the only person who had seen that movie.  Mickey Rourke is awesome.  Did you ever see The Pope of Greenwich Village with Rourke and Eric Roberts?

@Hoodat

The Pope of Greenwich Village is a movie that I've seen a dozen times, and could watch it a dozen more.  From 'The Summer Wind' playing in the opening scene it grabs you by the neck.

My sons could recite the entire script of entire scenes that have stayed with them their entire lives. My baby boys are 34.

FYI...in Pulp Fiction, it would have been much better for Mickey Rourke to have Bruce Willis' role and character.  First of all, he was really a boxer and he would have been perfect with the Harley and all.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2021, 01:39:20 am »
Lately this one has become my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZEdhU-gGs
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:43:07 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2021, 01:39:54 am »
@Hoodat

The Pope of Greenwich Village is a movie that I've seen a dozen times, and could watch it a dozen more.  From 'The Summer Wind' playing in the opening scene it grabs you by the neck.

My sons could recite the entire script of entire scenes that have stayed with them their entire lives. My baby boys are 34.

Charlie, they took my thumb!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline MikePence

Offline MikePence

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2021, 01:31:23 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPLimHzLDBw

Geraldine Page as "Mrs. Ritter" in Pope of Greenwich Village

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087932/

Yes, that's M. Emmet Walsh (Blood Simple)   :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2021, 03:32:01 am »
Hollywood Knights  -  Punch Scene

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2021, 12:33:23 pm »
The Lighthorsemen - Charge of Beersheba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHbHEtsmT0
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2021, 02:08:27 pm »
Geraldine Page as "Mrs. Ritter" in Pope of Greenwich Village

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087932/

Yes, that's M. Emmet Walsh (Blood Simple)   :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Thanks for sharing that.  I remember seeing Geraldine Page in The Trip to Bountiful.  I think she died not too long after that.  Phenomenal actress.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2021, 04:37:51 pm »
@DCPatriot

Thanks for sharing that.  I remember seeing Geraldine Page in The Trip to Bountiful.  I think she died not too long after that.  Phenomenal actress.

@Hoodat

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
Please?  Any help is appreciated.

Recently watched a movie/episode where one person says to the other..."You must let go!"

The parable/script continued:

"Two monks sworn to silence are trekking miles over hills and roads
coming upon a young geisha splendidly dressed trying to
cross the muddy road without soiling her gown.

One of the monks picked up the geisha girl and carried her across
the road, setting her down gently.

He then gestured to the other monk and they continued on for the final 3 days of their journey.

When they arrived the monk couldn't contain himself and asked, "Why did you pick up that woman
and carry her in your arms across the road?"

The monk said, "Why are you still carrying her?  I put her down 3 days ago!"    :patriot:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 10:42:12 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2022, 05:18:57 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2022, 11:31:55 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gm57VLNa9I

FATHER STU - Stu's 1st Confession

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2022, 02:25:37 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZUJKXs6W-4

WARNING: "N" word

This may be a repost...sorry...consider it a "bump" to the top.

My little brother (72) had no recall of it when I referred this scene to him this afternoon.

We were talking about the actual "Browning of America"  and of course TRUE ROMANCE being one of favorite "cult" movies **

**  movies that you find yourself going back and virtually memorizing dialogue/scenes line by line

this scene immediately popped up.  And he gave me a "Joe Biden Look"   :beer:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:31:04 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2022, 02:56:20 am »
@DCPatriot

@Hoodat

My friend....I'm just seeing this today!    :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2022, 03:02:02 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5elU_dCcI

Enrique on Two-and-a-Half-Men       :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2022, 03:35:31 am »
Gary Oldman interview on "True Romance"

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-