Author Topic: Bracketologists start your engines: March Madness 2024  (Read 1607 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Re: Bracketologists start your engines: March Madness 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 01:42:40 am »
Looks like most commentators expect Connecticut to win it all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 01:49:15 am »
I've got big money on JMU.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 01:57:28 am »
   Trump should do a Bracket.  H3ll, it might bring more black voters into his campaign. obummer did  :shrug:

Hakeem Olajuwon & Clyde Drexler

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 02:12:29 am »
   Trump should do a Bracket.  H3ll, it might bring more black voters into his campaign. obummer did  :shrug:

He'll have a perfect bracket. The most beautiful bracket that's ever been made. And then he'll tell the winner that he was responsible for them winning.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 02:21:22 am »

Obama did a bracket because ESPN invited him to do one as part of an ESPN broadcast.  Obama had nothing else to offer the country, so they provided a way for him to be relevant.  ESPN would never do that for Trump, nor would Trump do it since he would have real President stuff to do.

This freshman held Olajuwon to 12 points in the semi-finals.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 02:22:13 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 01:25:34 pm »
Obama did a bracket because ESPN invited him to do one as part of an ESPN broadcast.
Obama rode the pine as a high school hoopster, as I understand it, and I doubt he knew diddlysquat about NCAA basketball. One of the best videos of him as our sporty, vigorous president is when he needed about 24 attempts to make one layup.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2024, 02:18:49 am »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2024, 02:27:10 am »
I hate Kentucky.  Good riddance.

Also, look for UConn to lose in Round 3.  Big East teams have not done well at all so far in NIT games.  So far, 1-4.  Their only win was Seton Hall over St. Joes in overtime.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 10:34:00 am »
I always cheer for the underdog.  Go Duquesne!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2024, 07:14:24 pm »
FYI... My sister-in-law who is battling cancer.

Her sister is Duke University's head coach, Kara Lawson's mother.  They just beat Ohio State to get into their SWEET SIXTEEN!!

I played little league baseball and basketball with her late father Bill Lawson in South Buffalo, back in the day.

He'd be doing back-flips if he were alive today.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kara+lawson+wikipedia&atb=v395-1&t=chromentp&ia=web
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 07:19:23 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 07:20:26 pm »
Go Iowa State.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2024, 10:20:25 pm »
Her sister is Duke University's head coach, Kara Lawson's mother. 
I always liked Kara. Having played under Pat Summitt, she learned from the best.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2024, 10:29:30 pm »
Speaking of Dook, they're killing JMU.  My hopes of early retirement are going down the drain.  I was getting 250:1 odds.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2024, 11:22:49 pm »
I always liked Kara. Having played under Pat Summitt, she learned from the best.

@mountaineer

I'm very happy for her too.  This should make recruitment for Duke a bit easier for her.

It's also a credit to her that she can inspire her players to make adjustments...because it seems they always trail by double digits after the 1st quarter.

Always coming out cold...but finishing!   No way to make a living, IMO.

Like consistantly walking the lead-off batter every inning...very dangerous way to play.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 04:47:28 am »
March Madness: Houston survives Texas A&M rally, buzzer-beater to advance past Aggies in OT thriller

Story by Jason Owens

Houston appeared to have Sunday's win over Texas A&M in the bag in regulation.

Instead, the top-seeded Cougars found themselves in fight down the stretch that threatened their NCAA tournament lives.

No. 9 seed Texas A&M rallied from an 11-point deficit in the final two minutes to force overtime in the second-round NCAA tournament game. But Houston survived in a 100-95 thriller to advance to a Sweet 16 showdown with Duke.

Houston blows big lead, hangs on to win

Houston led, 82-71 with 1:48 remaining. But the Aggies rallied and cut the lead to 86-83 with 45 seconds left. They then had two looks at game-tying 3-pointers in the game's final 10 seconds. Wade Taylor IV missed both.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/march-madness-houston-survives-texas-a-m-rally-buzzer-beater-to-advance-past-aggies-in-ot-thriller/ar-BB1ktaNf?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=d1f0c4e24ac3470c84806db9e942de33&ei=9

* My Alma Mater had I graduated.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 04:50:02 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 05:05:48 am »
   * My Alma Mater had I graduated.

Cougar High

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 05:16:42 am »
   I was there in 74`75 LIVING ON the GI bill.  Never took it serious, other than to meet Women.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 01:42:01 pm »
   I was there in 74`75 LIVING ON the GI bill.  Never took it serious, other than to meet Women.

Can't imagine that @corbe

Shocked, shocked I tell you.  :cool:
The Republic is lost.