Author Topic: Grand Canyon Tourists Exposed To Radiation For Nearly Two Decades  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Grand Canyon Tourists Exposed To Radiation For Nearly Two Decades
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 07:58:31 pm »
@musiclady

I was there one time.  To me, seeing that one can't deny God made it.  No words can explain that grand view - it is overwhelming.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 08:09:14 pm »
@musiclady

I was there one time.  To me, seeing that one can't deny God made it.  No words can explain that grand view - it is overwhelming.

I've only been there once. I hiked across, with my sister and BIL. We slept at the bottom the first day. Slept half way up. And out the third day. Then we flew back across in a Cessna right at sunset. The view flying low in that small plane was wonderful. Some campers had lost a dog a couple of weeks before and was found. He flew back with us. When we got to the airport at the South side, the airline wanted to charge for the dog. I told them the dog rode in my lap and didn't occupy a seat so there was no charge.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 08:37:40 pm »
@musiclady

I agree wholeheartedly.  The best photos in Arizona Highways can't do it justice.

One has to be there to appreciate it.  I can imagine the thoughts and feelings of the first Spanish to encounter it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 08:39:23 pm »
I've only been there once. I hiked across, with my sister and BIL. We slept at the bottom the first day. Slept half way up. And out the third day. Then we flew back across in a Cessna right at sunset. The view flying low in that small plane was wonderful. Some campers had lost a dog a couple of weeks before and was found. He flew back with us. When we got to the airport at the South side, the airline wanted to charge for the dog. I told them the dog rode in my lap and didn't occupy a seat so there was no charge.

Rim-to-rim is one heckuva hike.  Kudos!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 08:46:03 pm »
Somewhere, unless I lost it I have a radioactive anti-static brush for cleaning albums.

Oh, and I have a bunch of radioactive rocks from my dad. He had a display of fluorescent rocks.
Hmmmmm. I have a surface bit box full of rocks from Nevada in my office, but never checked them for radiation...  :shrug: (Fluorescent rocks aren't necessarily radioactive, they just get excited at the right wavelengths).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 08:49:30 pm »
@musiclady

Absolutely @Victoria33 .

And no offense to the evolutionists on this board, but I fall on the floor laughing every time I think that they think that itty bitty river made all that beauty.

Ya gotta be blind!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 08:51:34 pm »
Absolutely @Victoria33 .

And no offense to the evolutionists on this board, but I fall on the floor laughing every time I think that they think that itty bitty river made all that beauty.

Ya gotta be blind!

God chooses what means He uses, not us.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:52:05 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 08:52:31 pm »
Absolutely @Victoria33 .

Ya gotta be blind!

Well, the water had a couple million years head stat on us.  That said, one cannot deny God's face written in those stones.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 08:53:21 pm »
Hmmmmm. I have a surface bit box full of rocks from Nevada in my office, but never checked them for radiation...  :shrug: (Fluorescent rocks aren't necessarily radioactive, they just get excited at the right wavelengths).

I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around excited rocks... :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2019, 08:54:49 pm »

True. I just know my uranium ore is fluorescent.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:07 pm »
True. I just know my uranium ore is fluorescent.
If it's Uranium ore, it's hot, whether it is fluorescent or not. Some is both.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2019, 09:29:01 pm »
It's both alright.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2019, 09:31:12 pm »
I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around excited rocks... :laugh:
That's a relief. 888mouth

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2019, 09:33:36 pm »
Follow the money.

There's a law firm somewhere that is going to be advertising at 3AM on the History and Discovery channels for anybody with symptoms of exposure to radiation.

"Billions have been set aside..... call today"

And I'll bet is an Obama/Clinton related firm in some way.

I'm such a cynical bastard...cultivated over 72 years.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2019, 09:46:55 pm »
Follow the money.

There's a law firm somewhere that is going to be advertising at 3AM on the History and Discovery channels for anybody with symptoms of exposure to radiation.

"Billions have been set aside..... call today"

And I'll bet is an Obama/Clinton related firm in some way.

I'm such a cynical bastard...cultivated over 72 years.   :laugh:
Nah, You just understand the legal profession.

(How did they get that talcum powder all the way up in their ovaries anyway?)

Nevermind. I'm not sure I wanna know.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2019, 09:48:09 pm »
Nah, You just understand the legal profession.

(How did they get that talcum powder all the way up in their ovaries anyway?)

Nevermind. I'm not sure I wanna know.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2019, 12:01:20 am »
God chooses what means He uses, not us.

No argument there.

But all the billions of years that can be concocted can't come up with the beauty and grandeur of the Canyon he put there for our pleasure.

And it warn't no river what made it.  happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2019, 12:25:57 am »
No argument there.

But all the billions of years that can be concocted can't come up with the beauty and grandeur of the Canyon he put there for our pleasure.

And it warn't no river what made it.  happy77

Musiclady, yes, this is offensive.  If you want to believe it, that's fine.  Don't throw shade at me for believing that God used His usual methods.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2019, 12:57:05 am »
Clark Griswold knew....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2019, 03:42:30 am »
Musiclady, yes, this is offensive.  If you want to believe it, that's fine.  Don't throw shade at me for believing that God used His usual methods.

Offensive??  Stating what I believe is offensive??

You can believe what you want, but don't throw shade at me for not believing what you believe.

See??  Your "offense" can go both ways.

btw, I learned a long, long time ago not to die on this hill.  If you want to end a friendship or get mad for the things that have offended you in the past few days, go for it.

But I'm not playing this game.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2019, 03:53:18 am »
Offensive??  Stating what I believe is offensive??

You can believe what you want, but don't throw shade at me for not believing what you believe.

See??  Your "offense" can go both ways.

btw, I learned a long, long time ago not to die on this hill.  If you want to end a friendship or get mad for the things that have offended you in the past few days, go for it.

But I'm not playing this game.

Nope, stating what you believe is not offensive.

However, being contemptuous towards others can be:

Oh, those stupid ol' evolutionists.  LMAO!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2019, 04:02:14 am »
Nope, stating what you believe is not offensive.

However, being contemptuous towards others can be:

Oh, those stupid ol' evolutionists.  LMAO!

Well, by the numbers, it is technically stupid. That river would have had to flow uphill for centuries. Check it out.
The catastrophic argument holds more water (did you see what I did there?)  :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2019, 04:09:38 am »
Well, by the numbers, it is technically stupid. That river would have had to flow uphill for centuries. Check it out.
The catastrophic argument holds more water (did you see what I did there?)  :silly:

Does that take into account continental uplift?  There's evidence of a major uplift, couple hundred miles to the south...Mogollan Rim.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2019, 04:15:05 am »
Does that take into account continental uplift?  There's evidence of a major uplift, couple hundred miles to the south...Mogollan Rim.

Go study it.
And while you are at it. explain to me how there is no erosive demarcation between layers. The layers are laid down in pristine fashion, one after the other, with no erosion between them...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2019, 04:34:52 am »
Go study it.
And while you are at it. explain to me how there is no erosive demarcation between layers. The layers are laid down in pristine fashion, one after the other, with no erosion between them...

Geology is not my wheelhouse.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.