Author Topic: White Tucker Carlson Guest (Mark Steyn) Says African-Americans ‘Need to Move on’ From Slavery  (Read 2307 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think that's the point...slavery was less affordable to northern industry than dirt cheap immigrant labor. 

I disagree. Even the European peasants newly arrived here in the 1800's were more expensive to feed,clothe,and house than the former African slaves. Not to mention easier to cheat out of their pay because they had never been paid before. Former slaves are also thrilled to live in crowded quarters with no running water. Also,they can't quit because you will never pay them enough to quit,and they don't really know how to apply for another job and even if they do,they have nothing to sell but mindless muscle.

Trust me,the robber barons of the 18th Century were the ones working in the background to get the slaves freed,just like they are working in the background now to establish a Corporate One World Order.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mesaclone

I disagree. Even the European peasants newly arrived here in the 1800's were more expensive to feed,clothe,and house than the former African slaves. Not to mention easier to cheat out of their pay because they had never been paid before. Former slaves are also thrilled to live in crowded quarters with no running water. Also,they can't quit because you will never pay them enough to quit,and they don't really know how to apply for another job and even if they do,they have nothing to sell but mindless muscle.

Trust me,the robber barons of the 18th Century were the ones working in the background to get the slaves freed,just like they are working in the background now to establish a Corporate One World Order.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about...I said that industry wanted cheap labor in the form of immigrants and other free cheap labor (ex slaves and poor whites)...seems like you're agreeing with that but maybe I've misunderstood your position.

If your point is more about who runs our industry...now and then...I think that's another discussion altogether.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about...I said that industry wanted cheap labor in the form of immigrants and other free cheap labor (ex slaves and poor whites)...seems like you're agreeing with that but maybe I've misunderstood your position.

If your point is more about who runs our industry...now and then...I think that's another discussion altogether.

@Mesaclone

My point is the north had no moral high ground to stand on over slavery because the industrialists up there wanted the newly-freed slaves as cheap labor replacments for the European white trash workers they had been exploiting,but who were now getting uppity.

It was all about bottom  line,not morality.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

@Mesaclone

My point is the north had no moral high ground to stand on over slavery because the industrialists up there wanted the newly-freed slaves as cheap labor replacments for the European white trash workers they had been exploiting,but who were now getting uppity.

Now your northern n*****'s a negro
You see he's got his dignity
Down here we're too ignorant to realize
That the North has set the n***** free
Yes he's free to be put in a cage
In Harlem in New York City
And he's free to be put in a cage
On the South Side of Chicago
And the West Side
In Hough in Cleveland
In East St. Louis
In Fillmore in San Francisco
In Roxbury in Boston
They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around
Keepin' the n*****s down

Randy Newman - Rednecks

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Mesaclone

One popular theory in historical analysis, is that Lincoln was not assassinated for freeing the slaves. He was assassinated because he planned to send them all back home to Liberia in Africa. American industrialists and farmers were violently opposed to this plan. Because even though the slaves were technically 'free' and slavery was abolished, they were still an essential necessary workforce for commercial operations in need of mass cheap labor in the North and the South. It is fine if they are so called free, as long as they could still be exploited by working 12 hours for a nickel a day if the forman even bothered to pay them at all.

Sending away all the Black laborers would increase labor costs in America tremendously. The farmers and industrialists would do anything to prevent this. And apparently, they did.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:47:39 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

Why do we have to go over this again and again?  Whites were slaves too..to Black business men back then. Black business men had both white & black slaves.  Anthony Johnson, a black man created slavery in America as we knew it. Cirque, a black man, was a slave trader.  Black tribes in Africa had other blacks as slaves. Mostly the dumb ones. Then black tribes men SOLD THEIR SLAVES!

BARBARY COAST;  MILLIONS of Christian white slaves to black muslims. Branded, raped, beaten, tortured, beheaded, castrated. Same thing was done to white slaves as black ones. In fact the blacks were more valuable than white, so white women were made to breed with black men, to produce 'cheaper' black slaves.  More WHITE SLAVES...than black..ever.

We have spent 16 TRILLION DOLLARS ON WELFARE FOR BLACKS. They have already received their reparations and it is still on going. I want my reparations as my great, great grandfather was a white slave.  ALL RACES have been slaves.  Only the black race keeps pushing, and moaning about it.
-------------------------------------

It is NEVER enough for the LEFT....they want our genocide.  Don't forget 8 billion for HEAD START and  No child left behind, then FOOD PROGRAMS at school.
--------------------------------
Have you had enough of failed liberal ideas?
November 2, 2011 by James Garrett

1. The War on Poverty
 In their compassion for the poor, liberals earmarked $50 billion in 1964 to provide medical care, housing, cash transfers, and food subsidies to ease the plight of the disadvantaged.

Defiantly a failed liberal Idea

Hatched by social engineers who cooked up President Lyndon Johnsons great society the war on poverty spawned welfare mentality that has trapped the poor in a web of dependency,

spent 16 trillion without making a dent in the poverty rate and its now higher than it’s ever been and will burn through another 10.3 trillion over the next 10 years.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:27:45 am by LegalAmerican »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There were plenty of white slaves right here in America, primarily in the Northern States!  They didn't call them slaves but they were in everything but name.  The Irish!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.