Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is destroying opportunity for fellow Democrats  (Read 1281 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 New York Post ›

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is destroying opportunity for fellow Democrats
February 16, 2019

Congratulations, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez! You just killed 25,000 jobs for urban Democrats in one of the most racially and ethnically diverse areas in the entire world!

Congresswoman AOC, the thought leader of the Democratic party, was the loudest and feistiest political opponent when Amazon announced it would build (half of) its second headquarters in Long Island City, Queens, promising to create 25,000 jobs and generate some $27.5 billion in tax revenue over the next 25 years. Amazon employs a range of people from unskilled workers to tech geniuses and would have pumped large amounts of money into the city economy. It estimated the average salary of its New York City workforce would have been $150,000. Real-estate prices in Long Island City jumped 15 percent since Amazon’s announcement last November.

But after Amazon walked away in an anti-Valentine to the city on Feb. 14, AOC bragged on Twitter that “everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon’s corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world.”

more
https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/aoc-is-destroying-opportunity-for-fellow-democrats/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook&utm_source=NYPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR37Fv_mFujCap4LJ-SLQrf5xfzMHjWcAaik7IFTPFZVASS8RIIQMBMAPVs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is destroying opportunity for fellow Democrats
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 04:41:57 pm »
For AOC Phase II 8 is going to mean shutting down JFK and La Guardia.

In that regard NYC is well positioned, with all of their existing trains.

California's Governor Jerry Brown is now available, to consult on long term high speed rail projects.

Those long term projects can be used to transport Veggies from the hearland to the big cities.

Meanwhile AOC's constituents will demand $15 minimum Guaranteed income, to be unwilling to work.

NYC gonna have a whole new way of life!!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 04:55:03 pm »
Cortez The Job Killer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 05:36:34 pm »
This won't hurt her in her loony left District, but she's not doing the rest of the Rats who live in competitive Districts any favors.

Good deal.  Keep talking, donkey-faced bimbo.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 08:10:22 pm »
This won't hurt her in her loony left District, but she's not doing the rest of the Rats who live in competitive Districts any favors.

Good deal.  Keep talking, donkey-faced bimbo.
I can picture her speaking to her constituents now:

"You lucky people, I have wonderful news... I've just finished helping keep thousands of high-paying jobs, which many of you could have had, out of NYC.  Isn't that great?  Now, you can all go back to your minimum wage jobs or being unemployed. And don't forget to vote for me next year."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:19:30 pm »
Cortez The Job Killer

Goes hand in hand with being a freaking Communist.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 09:18:05 pm »
I can picture her speaking to her constituents now:

"You lucky people, I have wonderful news... I've just finished helping keep thousands of high-paying jobs, which many of you could have had, out of NYC.  Isn't that great?  Now, you can all go back to your minimum wage jobs or being unemployed. And don't forget to vote for me next year."

She can count on the developmentally disabled of her district to pull her through. ***suicide***
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 12:14:54 am »
Title:
"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is destroying opportunity for fellow Democrats"

GREAT !!

The best thing we can do is to keep out of this lady's way for the time being!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 12:19:25 am »
Title:
"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is destroying opportunity for fellow Democrats"

GREAT !!

The best thing we can do is to keep out of this lady's way for the time being!

@Fishrrman There's an old adage that applies here:  When you enemy is committing suicide, get out of his (her) way.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 01:08:00 am »
So what is the downside in allowing her airtime then?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 01:34:46 am »
So what is the downside in allowing her airtime then?

The Downside is that a whole bunch of stupid people Voted her into office.

We Don't need more just like her.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 02:46:47 am »

You can't fix stupid, but even a mugged liberal  will come around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 03:06:20 am »

Not so sure.

Today, Rush once again pointed out with Chris Wallace that 42% of Americans believe Russia hacked the election and made Donald Trump POTUS.

42 %!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 03:25:44 am »
Not so sure.

Today, Rush once again pointed out with Chris Wallace that 42% of Americans believe Russia hacked the election and made Donald Trump POTUS.

42 %!!
Two percent more than the floor for Obama approval polls. Meh.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 03:12:32 pm »

Oh, I dunno.

Like Rush said, it was nice to have liberals like Teddy Kennedy around, so we can always be reminded what liberalism is like.

Here in Texas, we have Sheila Jackson Lee reminding us each and every day.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 03:21:37 pm »

Or set to screaming that the criminals who just mugged them could have Killed them if they'd had a gun, so we need more gun control.

And so long as they can be, and are, rewarded with dysfunctional solypsisms as progressive policy for whatever upsets them, I don't see them waking up.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 03:39:44 pm »
Or set to screaming that the criminals who just mugged them could have Killed them if they'd had a gun, so we need more gun control.

And so long as they can be, and are, rewarded with dysfunctional solypsisms as progressive policy for whatever upsets them, I don't see them waking up.

I don't see them "waking up" either.  They're too emotionally vested.  They don't reason anymore, they just emote.  Meanwhile, they don't see us that way, we're just Evil.  Whatever happens, even them getting mugged, stems from our evil nature.

Only in that paradigm does Al Green's accusation that the VA Governor's problems are caused by Donald trump.  He's not the first, by the way.  When Bush 43 was President everything was his fault then, too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 02:02:17 am »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"You can't fix stupid, but even a mugged liberal  will come around."

And To-Whose replied:
"And so long as they can be, and are, rewarded with dysfunctional solypsisms as progressive policy for whatever upsets them, I don't see them waking up."

I agree with To-Whose on this one.
Many of them are leftist/loonie to the core.
They won't be changing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:03:41 am by Fishrrman »