Author Topic: Smollett apparent hate crime hoax a crisis for media that jumped to vilify Trump supporters  (Read 254 times)

rangerrebew

February 17, 2019
Smollett apparent hate crime hoax a crisis for media that jumped to vilify Trump supporters
By Thomas Lifson

America’s progressives and their fellow-traveling media finally must cope with an apparent hate crime hoax that can’t be swept under the rug. I was stunned Saturday as I watched CNN’s hourly newscast at 7 PM EST: the first twenty minutes (two segments) were devoted to the news that Chicago Police were casting doubt on Jussie Smollett’s claim to have been attacked by noose- and bleach-wielding MAGA hat-wearing thugs who shouted their support for MAGA and Trump.  This editorial decision of the suits at the Trump-hating network must indicate that they realize they have a crisis on their hands.

The media and many Democrat politicians had leaped on the opportunity to reinforce their false narrative that Trump is a stone-cold racist and homophobe, and his followers, driven mad by his rhetoric, are the modern-day incarnation of the KKK.  Media Research Center data shows that prior to the story starting to fall apart Thursday night:

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/02/smollett_apparent_hate_crime_hoax_a_crisis_for_media_that_jumped_to_vilify_trump_supporters.html#ixzz5fnM5nP8q

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.