Author Topic: New York Governor: Florida is stealing our population  (Read 1502 times)

rangerrebew

New York Governor: Florida is stealing our population
« on: February 15, 2019, 03:47:47 pm »
New York Governor: Florida is stealing our population

Jazz ShawPosted at 6:41 pm on February 12, 2019

We’ve previously talked about the problems that New York State has in terms of hanging onto its population. People have been fleeing the state’s high taxes and oppressive liberal government for years now, dropping the state’s congressional representation by several members and putting the state through redistricting every census cycle. Rather than acknowledge what’s really the problem, however, Democratic leaders in the state government continually come up with new and interesting theories to blame these changes on. The latest is a real humdinger. Governor Andrew Cuomo came out this week and blamed the exodus on… Florida. (CBS Miami)

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/02/12/new-york-governor-florida-stealing-population/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: New York Governor: Florida is stealing our population
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:54:36 pm »
Flordia needs a wall to keep those damn yankees and other east coast leftists out of our state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

NY’s Cuomo Meets With Trump to Whine About New Yorkers Moving to FL
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 04:27:44 pm »

NY’s Cuomo Meets With Trump to Whine About New Yorkers Moving to FL
By
S.Noble -
February 13, 2019

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo requested a meeting with President Trump over tax reform that he claims is hurting his state’s revenue. He went whining about New Yorkers leaving for Florida where taxes are cheaper. Cuomo could, of course, lower taxes and stop giving free everything to foreigners in the country illegally. His meeting turned into a lecture on fracking and late-term abortion, and he came back empty-handed.

The leftist Democrat went to discuss a $10,000 cap on the on federal deduction for state and local taxes (SALT). Cuomo is citing the provision for a drop in over $2 billion in tax revenue.

“I told the president myself today: SALT repeal is hurting us. And if you hurt New York, you’re harming the economic engine of the nation,” he bragged after the meeting.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/nys-cuomo-meets-with-trump-to-whine-about-new-yorkers-moving-to-fl/

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:50:31 pm »
I don’t care who or what these democrat governors want to blame for their fiscal  and population  problems.
Regardless of who they want to blame and how ridiculous it sounds the problems are still there.  Math is real. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 05:58:53 pm »
Maybe if you'd directed Amazon to where those 25,000 jobs were needed... instead of caterwauling when you pushed them toward AOC's already-overcrowded backyard for her to kill it.

Maybe if you hadn't repeatedly decried the views of the vast majority of upstate as "extreme" and keep telling them they have no place in New York.

Maybe if you didn't tax the living daylights out of them to further fund union political machines.

Maybe if you didn't try to disarm them with the SAFE Act.

Maybe if you hadn't put the majority of your "Buffalo Billion" on the back of one company run by an eccentric.

Maybe if you cared a little bit more about the well-being of the entire state of New York instead of obsessing over issues like abortion.

...then maybe we wouldn't be leaving.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:00:03 pm »
By the way, Florida isn't stealing population. There's no campaign to get New Yorkers to move to Florida as far as I know.

That was Texas under Rick Perry.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 06:46:24 pm »
Flordia needs a wall to keep those damn yankees and other east coast leftists out of our state.

888high58888  We don't need a bunch of liberals voting for other liberals!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 12:40:11 pm »
Aw that's a shame, po ting, po po ting. Maybe if your state government wasn't filled with liberal douche bags you would learn a thing or two.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 02:13:32 pm »
Maybe if you'd directed Amazon to where those 25,000 jobs were needed... instead of caterwauling when you pushed them toward AOC's already-overcrowded backyard for her to kill it.

Maybe if you hadn't repeatedly decried the views of the vast majority of upstate as "extreme" and keep telling them they have no place in New York.

Maybe if you didn't tax the living daylights out of them to further fund union political machines.

Maybe if you didn't try to disarm them with the SAFE Act.

Maybe if you hadn't put the majority of your "Buffalo Billion" on the back of one company run by an eccentric.

Maybe if you cared a little bit more about the well-being of the entire state of New York instead of obsessing over issues like abortion.

...then maybe we wouldn't be leaving.

So now the New Yorkers you robbed and kicked in the teeth are Also YOUR Property, as their possessions were?

Other States are Stealing your Serfs, you thieving Douchebag?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 02:44:10 pm »

@The Ghost

Flori-duh. The southernmost yankee state in the nation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 03:31:15 pm »
I heard this one guy, I can't remember, purportedly he was a conservative, New Yorker, he said he would not leave the state but that he thought, the whole state was heading towards a total population of 10,000,000 when, I believe just the New York City population, metro, has been more than that.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 05:16:25 pm »
You all having fun accusing us Nor East Yankees of being leftists and Liberals?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 06:20:53 pm »

* Name Calling, is a central pillar of "contemporary conservatism"

* It is used in place of winning arguments

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 06:28:28 pm »
Billy Joel called it 40 years ago.....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 09:52:58 pm »

Just like Texas @The Ghost except that Florida only has to worry about its northern border.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 09:55:16 pm »
By the way, Florida isn't stealing population. There's no campaign to get New Yorkers to move to Florida as far as I know.

That was Texas under Rick Perry.
Hey, wait @jmyrlefuller   Texas did not campaign for yankees.  Rick Perry merely extolled the obvious advantages of the state.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:23 pm »
Hey, wait @jmyrlefuller   Texas did not campaign for yankees.  Rick Perry merely extolled the obvious advantages of the state.

He did try to get some businesses to move to Texas, but I don't remember him asking people to move. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 10:19:09 pm »
You all having fun accusing us Nor East Yankees of being leftists and Liberals?

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I can't speak for anyone else,but I promise to stop if you will promise to take your yankees back.

Deal?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 11:06:37 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

I can't speak for anyone else,but I promise to stop if you will promise to take your yankees back.

Deal?

He hehe.

I Do believe, that Your yankees and My yankees are 2 different breeds, and IF, mine could get a demographic edge on all of the breed that the RAT machine here has stocked the big cities with, You wouldn't mind those that do show up so much.

:beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 11:40:48 pm »
He did try to get some businesses to move to Texas, but I don't remember him asking people to move.

Yes, and he was wildly successful.  Business is booming in Texas, especially in my old home town of Irving, Texas.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 01:41:42 am »
I doubt that states like New York, California and Illinois will ever be able to physically prevent residents from leaving.

But they are going to try to confiscate (or at least somehow "attach") the wealth and property of those residents as they depart.

Only a matter of time.
Whether their attempts will prove successful or not will be determined by the courts.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 07:31:28 am »
As our liberties continue to erode, do not be surprised when you are restricted to move about the country.  I have stated many times we are marching double time to be more like Russia/former USSR, and it is true.  In Russia, one cannot simply pick up and move to whatever city one chooses. 

I can see it in the not too distant future, a law called the Anti-erosion Financial Stability Act, which largely prevents anyone from moving about the country.  That it will take all kind of permissions that could take years.