Author Topic: Trump Demands California Return $3.5 Billion From Abandoned Bullet Train  (Read 457 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Demands California Return $3.5 Billion From Abandoned Bullet Train
By Zachary Stieber
February 14, 2019 Updated: February 14, 2019

President Donald Trump said that California should return the $3.5 billion it spent on a bullet train project that appeared to be abandoned by new Gov. Gavin Newsom.

“California has been forced to cancel the massive bullet train project after having spent and wasted many billions of dollars. They owe the Federal Government three and a half billion dollars,” Trump wrote on Twitter on Feb. 13.

“We want that money back now. Whole project is a ‘green’ disaster!”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-demands-california-return-3-5-billion-from-abandoned-bullet-train_2801334.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump Demands California Return $3.5 Billion From Abandoned Bullet Train
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:06:22 pm »
In announcing the curtailment of the boondoggle, Gov. Newsom cited 'not wanting to give back money to Trump.'

See how big the derangement syndrome is? The (one party state) governor has it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:06 pm »
In announcing the curtailment of the boondoggle, Gov. Newsom cited 'not wanting to give back money to Trump.'

See how big the derangement syndrome is? The (one party state) governor has it.
Complete derangement since that money wouldn't be given back to Trump, that money is owed the American taxpayer.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 07:51:00 pm »
This is one green boondoggle in one state. Now imagine that being played out all over the country. That’s the GND
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 11:34:29 pm »
Might's well Don.

It's not like being nice to them, or trying to Buy them off will get you Ca's 55 Electoral Votes anyway.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 01:10:39 am »
A perfect way to overcome the opposition by federal judges that say Trump cannot with-hold federal monies due to support of sanctuary city status.

Try it now for the bullet train monies, Donny.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington