Author Topic: THE HOUSE IS SET TO VOTE ON TRILLION DOLLAR SPENDING BILL. NO ONE HAS READ IT  (Read 3854 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on a government appropriations bill Thursday evening and, with a day until the vote, lawmakers still have not received the text of the legislation.

“No one has seen the final wording of a long and complicated bill we will be expected to vote on tomorrow evening,” Republican Maryland Rep. Andy Harris told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “That’s no way to run a legislature.”

Republican Study Chairman Mike Johnson also confirmed that “as of lunch on Wednesday, members of the RSC, and to our knowledge, even members of the conference committee, had not seen the text.”

“It has been reported that [House Majority Leader Steny] Hoyer has said if the bill is dropped today we will consider it tomorrow. This is reminiscent of the, ‘you must pass it to find out what is in it,’ Obamacare debacle,” Johnson said to TheDCNF. “This bill is expected to be well over 1,000 pages, and we will potentially have less than 24 hours to digest it. This is absurd.”

<snip>

“Pelosi and the Democrats promised a full 72 hours to review legislation,” a senior conservative congressional aide told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “But now we’re voting on a massive, probably thousands-page long conference report tomorrow and we haven’t even seen text the day before? This is worse than under Speaker Ryan.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/13/house-vote-spending-bill-read/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
How will this ever be stopped?

They make "rules" with no intention of keeping them.

They refuse the discipline of Regular Order and have stopped the Budget process many years ago.

Now, the order of the day is a constant series of massive omnibus spending bills and continuing resolutions that are rolled out in order to satisfy their goals of keeping spending issues at bay during re-election campaigns and to just keep the gravy train of deficit spending rolling along without regard to need, Constitutionality, or ability to pay.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

They make "rules" with no intention of keeping them.

They refuse the discipline of Regular Order and have stopped the Budget process many years ago.

Now, the order of the day is a constant series of massive omnibus spending bills and continuing resolutions that are rolled out in order to satisfy their goals of keeping spending issues at bay during re-election campaigns and to just keep the gravy train of deficit spending rolling along without regard to need, Constitutionality, or ability to pay.

I doubt it will be anytime soon.  Nancy is simply picking up where she left off before she became minority leader back in 2010. These are the same tactics she instigated when she was speaker the first time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline andy58-in-nh

We have met the enemy, and it is us.

Bad behavior follows bad culture.

And so, this will continue indefinitely until (or unless) the American people decide to stop asking for unearned favors from our elected representatives.

In effect, we are giving away our freedom and abdicating our responsibilities in exchange for false promises of security to be paid by faceless and nameless others.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdJames

I doubt it will be anytime soon.  Nancy is simply picking up where she left off before she became minority leader back in 2010. These are the same tactics she instigated when she was speaker the first time.

Unfortunately we didn't see the return to Regular Order promised loudly by Speaker Boehner or Speaker Ryan either.

Offline EdJames

We have met the enemy, and it is us.

Bad behavior follows bad culture.

And so, this will continue indefinitely until (or unless) the American people decide to stop asking for unearned favors from our elected representatives.

In effect, we are giving away our freedom and abdicating our responsibilities in exchange for false promises of security to be paid by faceless and nameless others.

Sadly true.

Offline EdJames

Here is a link to the 29 page summary if any one chooses to read 'em and weep.

https://www.scribd.com/document/399623170/Summary-of-Conference-Appropriations-Report

Offline EdJames

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

https://www.scribd.com/document/399623170/Summary-of-Conference-Appropriations-Report

Thanks! But I'm afraid to look!  My blood pressure won't stand it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Here you go, @Bigun:

FAIR
‏Verified account @FAIRImmigration
2h2 hours ago

WOW! Buried in the spending agreement is a de facto amnesty for anyone near a UAC. This will exacerbate the border crisis and threaten public safety, as many MS-13 arrests have been UACs.

@realDonaldTrump said he would look for landmines in the text. Well, here is a big one.

Offline EdJames

There are so many "landmines" that I have to think that maybe they are daring him to not sign this abomination (fancy word for crap sandwich)?

Offline libertybele

Line item veto, Mr. President.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

The only part of these type of bills that would interest any legislator would be those that impact their constituents and/or pet projects.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Sweet and simple....    The government is the enemy.  I love how this shit seems to show up each year as we get ready for our April 15th screwing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Convention of States

Tea party couldn’t get traction, so now it will take more
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:06:53 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Convention of States

Bingo!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Convention of States

Somebody is going to have to explain to me what about further amending the Constitution is going to make these Aholes pay any attention to it whatever!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Somebody is going to have to explain to me what about further amending the Constitution is going to make these Aholes pay any attention to it whatever!

Can a convention remove amendments?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

No! But it could propose removing as many of them as they like. Still would need 3/4 of the states to ratify anything they propose.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There are so many "landmines" that I have to think that maybe they are daring him to not sign this abomination (fancy word for crap sandwich)?

She's pulling the same trick she did with Obamacare...ram it through...pass it on party lines before anyone has a chance to read what they've hidden in the back pages that undermines anything the President is trying to do on immigration.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It can't remove them but An Article V Convention of States can repeal a previously approved amendment by proposing a new Amendment to repeal an old one..

The 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It can't remove them but An Article V Convention of States can repeal a previously approved amendment by proposing a new Amendment to repeal an old one..

The 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment.

Then repeal the 16th.

Offline corbe

And the 17th! 

(Repealing the 19th would be the icing on the cake) :bolt:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Then repeal the 16th.

That's one along with the 17th that's been discussed.  The 16th would be replaced with an amendment implementing a flat tax or something along those lines.

The 17th would repeal popular vote for Senators which was a "present" Woodrow Wilson left us when he wasn't re-segregating the Federal Government and having viewings of "Birth of A Nation" in the WH.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That's one along with the 17th that's been discussed.  The 16th would be replaced with an amendment implementing a flat tax or something along those lines.

The 17th would repeal popular vote for Senators which was a "present" Woodrow Wilson left us when he wasn't re-segregating the Federal Government and having viewings of "Birth of A Nation" in the WH.

I would like to see term limits.