Author Topic: What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump  (Read 5417 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2019, 11:17:55 pm »
   Just a little thing called 'Forum Harmony', which I place much more importance on than anything DJT does/says or tweets.

If 'forum harmony' means I have to swallow false dictums, then I guess I am out of harmony.  Let's cut this off while we are still speaking.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2019, 11:20:19 pm »
   Understood.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2019, 11:26:43 pm »
I will reply to you one more time @Hoodat because of your deep misunderstanding about Social Security.  It was started by Roosevelt to help retirees who were left with little or not income. 

Social Security tax is taken from everyone's income along with income tax.

So far, so good.

Had that sum been properly invested  .  .  .

Whoa, stop the tape!  You are now talking about something that is NOT Social Security.

The people in Galveston, Texas somehow opted out of SS and did their own retirement plan, properly invested and got a very nice return.

The primary difference between Social Security and the Galveston system is that one is a ponzi scheme while the other is not.

Originally, the SS fund was never to be touched.

Absolutely positively not true.  From Day One, social security taxes went into the general fund.  It is a ponzi scheme.

Guess what, it was touched and grabbed by the government.

By design.  (See: Ponzi scheme)

You know very little about it.

I beg to differ.  The very fact that you believe people pay into it speaks volumes about your ignorance.

And saying that I have blasted your superficial opinion that SS should be for retirees only is nothing but a lie.

Shall I go back and dig up the posts?  I gave you chance after chance after chance to change your position, yet you refused over and over again, accusing me of heinous heartlessness for even suggesting that anyone's benefits be cut.  Seriously.  You made up you mind in the beginning, and kept it closed throughout the discussion, finally running away from it with your usual announcement that the discussion is somehow over.  I must admit that it blew me away to hear a retiree defending the right of people in their thirties and forties to collect social security benefits simply because they remained unemployed for 125 consecutive weeks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2019, 11:29:10 pm »
I believe with that post you have exceeded your day's brainpower.

Keep in mind, I am not the one here defending Kelo.  Even Bernie Sanders is to the right of Trump when it comes to Kelo, yet you still defend him.  Yet you want to toss out some BS about helping Conservatism?  lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2019, 11:46:09 pm »
I suspected it all along.

@Sanguine

So I wasn’t as convincing as I thought.   
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2019, 11:51:12 pm »
Did you ever visit that pie place in Amherst Co?

@Hoodat

No!  It’s Woodruff’s, right?  I checked their site—they serve beans and cornbread for lunch.  I’m going, and I’m having lemon chess pie for dessert.  I haven’t had that since I was a kid.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2019, 11:58:01 pm »
You will not be disappointed.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:48 am »
Fica tax, 7.5% is taken out of every paycheck, then MATCHED by employer for people's retirement HELP.

If self employed, and receiving a 1099 income statement. After working on schedule C, any profit is put on schedule SE and both sides, 15.3% is charged for SOCIAL SECURITY.

SOCIAL SECURITY is income for government.

Clinton Administration, took our SS and made it part of the general fund, leaving seniors an I.O.U. , which now, some in Government (NOT TRUMP) do not want to honor. When some republicans wanted to take SS out of government hands, the DEMON-RATS told the people, republicans wanted to do sway with the program.  BACKWARDS.

Backwards information, like most on here, post.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2019, 12:17:16 am »
What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump

The Art if The Sellout?

That morals are flexible?

The best quotes from 2 Corinthians

:whistle:?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2019, 12:18:34 am »
Fica tax, 7.5% is taken out of every paycheck, then MATCHED by employer for people's retirement HELP.

If self employed, and receiving a 1099 income statement. After working on schedule C, any profit is put on schedule SE and both sides, 15.3% is charged for SOCIAL SECURITY.

SOCIAL SECURITY is income for government.

Clinton Administration, took our SS and made it part of the general fund, leaving seniors an I.O.U. , which now, some in Government (NOT TRUMP) do not want to honor. When some republicans wanted to take SS out of government hands, the DEMON-RATS told the people, republicans wanted to do sway with the program.  BACKWARDS.

Backwards information, like most on here, post.

Speaking of "backwards"...why don't you tell us something about social security we don't already know?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2019, 12:23:08 am »
Right now, he and the other NTers are trying to accomplish one thing and that is undermining Trump.

In fact, what they are doing is aiding and abetting Nancy Pelosi, Chuck, the fringe element of the democrat party (which is making inroads into becoming the mainstream) and the remaining mainstream which ain't all that great.

Apparently, they cannot see that.

No, rather: A pox on ALL your houses! Tumpy the Clown's administration and the Republican Party ain't all that great either. If someone offers you a choice between a sh*t burger and a puke sandwich, the only logical thing is to deny both, go down the block, and find a good diner... One that has real sweet tea, btw.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2019, 12:24:51 am »
@Hoodat.  Sorry, half of your post is incorrect. Yes people pay into SOCIAL SECURITY. Their office tracks your yearly gross earnings and FICA amounts, on your SS NUMBER and name.  Yes, government in the Clinton years, did remove the PAID IN SS, and made it part of the GENERAL FUND.  A matter of allocating the funds.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2019, 12:26:02 am »
Agree with the OP by Michael Brown, Trump's a bit rough around the edges but straight-forward, a great Christian leader who we must support.

What has he done that remotely makes him a "great Christian leader"?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2019, 12:28:25 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

QFT

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2019, 12:29:19 am »
@Hoodat.  Sorry, half of your post is incorrect. Yes people pay into SOCIAL SECURITY. Their office tracks your yearly gross earnings and FICA amounts, on your SS NUMBER and name.  Yes, government in the Clinton years, did remove the PAID IN SS, and made it part of the GENERAL FUND.  A matter of allocating the funds.

Why do you act like this is new information?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2019, 12:32:44 am »
Yes, government in the Clinton years, did remove the PAID IN SS, and made it part of the GENERAL FUND.  A matter of allocating the funds.

They also did it in the GHWBush years, the Reagan years, Carter years, Ford years, Nixon years, Johnson years, Kennedy years, Eisenhower years, Truman years, Roosevelt Years, GWBush years, Obama years, and are now being done in the Trump years.  Since its inception, every single dime paid into Social Security ends up in the General fund and is spent immediately.  Only a complete idiot would believe that a government running a massive annual deficit would not use that money immediately to help alleviate that deficit.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2019, 12:38:31 am »
You will not be disappointed.

@Hoodat

I’ll report back.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2019, 12:40:23 am »

Uh, no.   FICA tax is a 15.0% tax taken out of every paycheck.  You are paying every dime of it, not your employer.  It is part of your salary.

In other words, an employer pays you $10,750 to employ you, except they tell you you're only making $10,000.  They then send $1,500 of YOUR money to the US Treasury which it immediately spends.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:27 am »
2 Important Quotes?

1: War is the extension of politics by other means.
Von Clauswicz

2: All warfare is based upon deception.
Sun Tzu
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com