Author Topic: Dems' long knives unsheathed on Ocasio-Cortez on Meet the Press By Thomas Lifson  (Read 912 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 18, 2019
Dems' long knives unsheathed on Ocasio-Cortez on Meet the Press
By Thomas Lifson

When a prominent Democrat has lost Chuck Todd, the handwriting is on the wall.

Three days ago, I predicted that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was sealing her fate when she took (and probably deserved) credit for killing the deal that would have brought 25,000 high-paying Amazon jobs to New York City.  It's not that the young woman with boundless self-confidence in her views has no clue about how tax incentives work (though that is obviously true, since she crowed that the $3 billion in tax abatements could be spent on subways, schools, and the like).  Ignorance and simple-mindedness are no obstacles to a Democrat winning approval from party bosses.

No, Sandy O's real infraction was in exposing and opposing the sweetheart deals between Democrats and the tech oligarchy.  Both sides to the Grand Bargain see it as a key to their goals.  The Democrats want and need the tech titans' thumbs on the scale in digital discourse and campaign donations from them.  The new-age monopolists need antitrust protection for their market dominance, government contracts (see: Amazon's DOD cloud deal), and access so their concerns can be heard early, privately, and effectively, before the general public has a clue as to what is being protected, given away, or winked at.

Yesterday, we saw the first video fruits of Democrats' need to undermine and eventually unseat the Queens phenom on Meet the Press.  Both Mayor Bill de Blasio and host Chuck Todd impugned her intelligence.  Here is the full eight-minute segment:

more w/video
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/02/dems_long_knives_unsheathed_on_ocasiocortez_on_emmeet_the_pressem.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online kevindavis007

I don't think they will primary her, but run an independent against her.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
How confusing it must be for the millennials to see one communist impugn another! Which of their totalitarian idols should be followed?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They will do whatever it takes to make sure she is not there in 2021.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

2019 version of "The Death of Stalin?"   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The thing is, her and her cohorts aren't going to back down, and popcorn is cheap.  :pop41:
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The train wreck has to be good for the GOP, shame that a good number of people think this way.  I can picture 2020 elections being tight, i can also picture it being a 1984 styled blowout against the Rainbow coalition.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The thing is, her and her cohorts aren't going to back down, and popcorn is cheap.  :pop41:

It was a weekend, actually 3 day weekend going on... but I haven't heard too much since. They may try to rein them in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The train wreck has to be good for the GOP, shame that a good number of people think this way.  I can picture 2020 elections being tight, i can also picture it being a 1984 styled blowout against the Rainbow coalition.

@LOL! Am I the only one that noticed the look in that dog's eye? He REALLY looks steamed,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

@LOL! Am I the only one that noticed the look in that dog's eye? He REALLY looks steamed,

No, I noticed those eyes. Check out the ears, too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

@TomSea
That image is just too powerful for Occasionally Compos, I think she is more like
]

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
2019 version of "The Death of Stalin?"   :rolling:
:beer: :2popcorn:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Eyes slitted, ears back, and a posture that just howls "I'm just waiting for them to let me at that rat b@st@rd!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"They will do whatever it takes to make sure she is not there in 2021."

She may not be, but not because they can "force her out", but because if there's a Senate seat from New York up for election in 2020, she may run for it... and win  !