Author Topic: Deep Brazil: a reality far away from the most central locations  (Read 354 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Deep Brazil: a reality far away from the most central locations
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:29:14 pm »
Deep Brazil: a reality far away from the most central locations
In order to talk about innovation in non-central places, it is important to forget about your premises and to just listen
Questtonó
Feb 11

by Maíra Gouveia

ust over 300 miles separate the capital Cuiabá from Sapezal, an upcountry town located in Mato Grosso, near Rondônia and also Bolivia. There are about 138 miles to the end of the MT-235 highway, that ends in Comodoro, the last city before the Brazilian-Bolivian border. Amongst all this, a landscape that intercalates cotton, soy and corn monocultures and the Pareci and Nambiquara lands, the latter visited by the anthropologist Levi-Strauss during his tour in Brazil in the ‘30s.

There I was, immersed in all of this. And I had brought design with me.

In the second half of 2018 I had the opportunity to be part of a great project at Questtonó. Our challenge was to understand the relationship between people and means of payment and proposing new payment solutions. But one detail changed everything: our users were not in the metropolitan area of ​​São Paulo, nor in big capitals, but in the west of São Paulo, in Mato Grosso, Paraíba and Tocantins.

Read more at: https://medium.com/@questtono/deep-brazil-a-reality-far-away-from-the-most-central-locations-6c91535c2c99