Author Topic: Woman who encouraged boyfriend's suicide ordered to start sentence immediately  (Read 956 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Woman who encouraged boyfriend's suicide ordered to start sentence immediately
Feb. 11, 2019, 1:17 PM CST / Updated Feb. 11, 2019, 1:28 PM CST

By David K. Li

The Massachusetts woman who encouraged her boyfriend's suicide through text messages was taken into custody on Monday after the state's high court upheld her involuntary manslaughter conviction.

Michelle Carter, 22, must begin serving her 15-month stay behind bars immediately, Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz ruled from the bench in Taunton, Mass.

Carter's defense lawyers had asked Moniz to keep their client free during their attempts to have the case heard by the U.S. Supreme Court. And earlier on Monday, the Massachusetts Supreme Court rejected Carter's emergency motion seeking to delay the sentence from being imposed.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michelle-carter-who-encouraged-boyfriend-s-suicide-ordered-start-jail-n970111

15 months is not long enough but also generally speaking, nobody should be so foolish as to do what someone is texting you. I vaguely remember the case.

Offline Frank Cannon

15 months is not long enough but also generally speaking, nobody should be so foolish as to do what someone is texting you. I vaguely remember the case.

This is an outrage Tommy. This chick should not only be let go but receive an apology from the Prosecutor for trying this garbage. If this pathetic jerk is going to listen to some broad about killing himself that's his stupidity, not hers.

The good news though is this stupid dude is burning an eternity in hell for committing suicide.

Offline corbe

Unfortunate for this guy but as a general rule I don't listen to women so when @Emjay just told me to shut up and vote for Trump I paid her no mind.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Unfortunate for this guy but as a general rule I don't listen to women so when @Emjay just told me to shut up and vote for Trump I paid her no mind.

Let us know when she tells you to drop dead. We can have her thrown behind bars in Mass.

Online libertybele

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzrnZRslUiE
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

I really don't think this a good sentence. Should she have called 9/11? Probably. But a person really can't talk into or talk a person out of suicide.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
My advice is to just get it over with and hope she can get it expunged somewhere down the line.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Keep that toxic b*tch behind bars.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

Nice haircut.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Keep that toxic b*tch behind bars.

I agree. People are unwilling to accept how manipulative people can be. Or just how manipulated they can be. Look at people's views on any topic. Fake news, hoaxes, campaign speeches, etc. They don't care about the truth. They go rabid. By the millions. Every single day.

Why not let the kid go that ran people over in Charlottesville?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Carter: "So are you sure you don't wanna [kill yourself] tonight?"

Roy: "What do you mean am I sure?"

Carter: "Like, are you definitely not doing it tonight?"

Roy: "Idk yet I'll let you know"

Carter: "Because I'll stay up with you if you wanna do
it tonight"

Roy: " Another day wouldn't hurt"

Carter: "You can't keep pushing it off, tho, that's all you keep doing"

---

Carter: "...Well in my opinion, I think u should do the generator because I don't know much
about the pump and with a generator u can't fail"

---

Carter: "You're gonna have to prove me wrong because I just don't think you really want this. You just keeps pushing it off to another night and say you'll do it but you never do"

---

Carter: "But I bet you're gonna be like 'oh, it didn't work because I didn't tape the tube right or something like that' . . . I bet you're gonna say an excuse like that"

-----

Carter: "Do you have the generator?"

Roy: "not yet lol"

Carter: "WELL WHEN ARE YOU GETTING IT"

Carter: "You better not be bull sh*ting me and saying you're gonna do this and then purposely get caught"

---

Roy: "I'm just to sensitive. I want my family to know there was nothing they could do. I am entrapped in my own thoughts"

Roy: "like no I would be happy if they had no guilt about it. because I have a bad feeling tht this is going to create a lot of depression between my parents/sisters"

Roy: "i'm overthinking everything. . f**k. I gotta stop and just do it"

Carter: "I think your parents know you're in a really bad place. Im not saying they want you to do it, but I honestly feel like they can accept it. They know there's nothing they can do, they've tried helping, everyone's tried. But there's a point that comes where there isn't anything anyone can do to save you, not even yourself, and you've hit that point and I think your parents know you've hit that point. You said you're mom saw a suicide thing on your computer and she didn't say anything. I think she knows it's on your mind and she's prepared for it"

Carter: Everyone will be sad for a while, but they will get over it and move on. They won't be in depression I won't let that happen. They know how sad you are and they know that you're doing this to be happy, and I think they will understand and accept it. They'll always carry u in their hearts"

---

Roy: "i don't want anyone hurt in the process though"

Roy: "I meant when they open the door, all the carbon monoxide is gonna come out they can't see it or smell it. whoever opens the door"

Carter: "They will see the generator and know that you died of CO. . . ."

---

Roy: "hey can you do me a favor"

Carter: "Yes of course"

Roy: "just be there for my family :)"

Carter: "Conrad, of course I will be there for your family. I will help them as much as I can to get thru this, ill tell them about how amazing their son/brother truly was"

---

Roy: "Idk I'm freaking out again"

Roy: I'm overthinking"

Carter: "I thought you wanted to do this. The time is right and you're ready, you just need to do it! You can't keep living this way. You just need to do it like you did last time and not think about it and just do it babe. You can't keep doing this every day"

Roy: "I do want to. but like I'm freaking for my family. I guess"

Roy: "idkkk"

Carter: "Conrad. I told you I'll take care of them. Everyone will take care of them to make sure they won't be alone and people will help them get thru it. We talked about this, they will be okay and accept it. People who commit suicide don't think this much and they just do it"

---

Carter: "So I guess you aren't gonna do it then, all that for nothing"

Carter: "I'm just confused like you were so ready and determined"

Roy: "I am gonna eventually"

Roy: "I really don't know what I'm waiting for. . but I have everything lined up"

Carter: "No, you're not, Conrad. Last night was it. You keep pushing it off and you say you'll do it but u never do. Its always gonna be that way if u don't take action"

Carter: "You're just making it harder on yourself by pushing it off, you just have to do it"

Carter: "Do u wanna do it now?"

Roy: "Is it too late?"

Roy: "Idkk it's already light outside"

Roy: I'm gonna go back to sleep, love you I'll text you tomorrow"

Carter: "No? Its probably the best time now because everyone's sleeping. Just go somewhere in your truck. And no one's really out right now because it's an awkward time"

Carter: "If u don't do it now you're never gonna do it"

Carter: "And u can say you'll do it tomorrow but you probably won't"

---

Carter: "You just need to do it Conrad"

Carter: "You can't keep doing this everyday"

Roy: "Okay I'm gonna do it today"

Carter: "Do you promise"

Roy: "I promise babe"

Roy: "I have to now"

Carter: "Like right now?"

Roy: "where do I go? :("

Carter: "And u can't break a promise. And just go in a quiet parking lot or something."
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates