Author Topic: Mind-altering parasite spread by CATS, carried by billions of people, may lead to schizophrenia  (Read 1221 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail by Vanessa Chalmers 1/30/2019

People with the infection were more likely to have schizophrenia, experts found
Parasite T. gondii is believed to affect 350,000 Britons and 60million in the US
Findings add to previous research showing a link to mind-altering behaviours

A common parasite spread by cats that is carried by two billion people may lead to schizophrenia, researchers fear.

Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii), which can spread to people through contact with cat litter trays and eating uncooked meat, is usually harmless.

But now, the largest study of its kind, has found having the parasite could raise the risk of developing schizophrenia by 50 per cent.

Unusual links between T. gondii and mind-altering behaviour, such as risk-taking, depression and car accidents, already exist.

Scientists at Copenhagen University analysed data from more than 80,000 individuals in the Danish Blood Donor Study, of which 2,591 people had registered psychiatric conditions.

The researchers, led by Dr Kristoffer Sølvsten Burgdorf, scoured traces of immunoglobulin antibodies for the presence of T. gondii.   

Billions of people worldwide - nearly one third of the population, according to the University of Chicago - are believed to have been infected by the parasite, including 60million in the US and 350,000 a year in the UK.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6648545/Mind-altering-parasite-spread-CATS-lead-schizophrenia.html

Offline roamer_1

Crazy old cat lady.... hmmmm...  :pondering:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My mom had a tumor removed from her neck. I was told it was from Cat Scratch Disease.

https://pets.webmd.com/cats/news/20160921/cat-scratch-can-sometimes-lead-to-serious-illness-cdc#1

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That explains CyberLiberty!   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Guess I'll have to stop frequenting Cat Houses.

Offline uglybiker

Well, I have a cat and I don't have schizophrenia!
And neither do I!
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline dfwgator

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
No.

Schizophrenia is humans reacting to Democrat Policies/Collectivist Govt Repression/and other assorted Thieving bleep.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:34:47 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com