Author Topic: JUST IN: Marine Corps to Release RFP for New Ultralight Vehicle  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

JUST IN: Marine Corps to Release RFP for New Ultralight Vehicle
« on: February 07, 2019, 01:27:37 pm »
JUST IN: Marine Corps to Release RFP for New Ultralight Vehicle
2/5/2019
By Jon Harper

MONTEREY, Calif. — The Marine Corps plans to release a request for proposals later this year for a new family of ultralight tactical vehicles, an acquisition official said Feb. 5.

The future platform, known as the ULTV, would replace legacy utility task vehicles. The service plans to buy more than 500 next-generation systems, said Jennifer Moore, a product manager at Marine Corps program executive office land systems.

“We are seeing an increased demand from the Marines” for this type of capability, she said during a presentation at the Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Conference in Monterey, California, hosted by the National Defense Industrial Association. “They’re finding new ways, inventive ways to use the [legacy] UTV,” she added.

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2019/2/5/just-in-marine-corps-to-release-rfp-for-new-ultralight-vehicle
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:28:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: JUST IN: Marine Corps to Release RFP for New Ultralight Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 01:44:05 pm »
With the new social engineered make up of the military today I hear they are going this direction for a UTV....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: JUST IN: Marine Corps to Release RFP for New Ultralight Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:45:05 pm »
With the new social engineered make up of the military today I hear they are going this direction for a UTV....

Nope.. Won't make it...no roll cage.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis