Author Topic: Amid Blackface KKK Photo And Infanticide Scandals, 50 Percent Of Democrats Still Support Ralph North  (Read 910 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Amid Blackface KKK Photo And Infanticide Scandals, 50 Percent Of Democrats Still Support Ralph Northam
The Federalist, Feb 4, 2019, Emily Jashinsky   

Amid two major national controversies, Gov. Ralph Northam, D-Va., has retained most of his support among the state’s Democratic voters, according to a new poll. Fifty percent of Virginia Democrats approved of Northam in a Morning Consult survey conducted Saturday and Sunday, down only 20 percentage points from a poll the firm conducted in January that found him with 70 percent Democratic approval in the state.

The new survey was taken as Northam fought back against a racially-charged yearbook picture released Friday and days of backlash over his defense of late-term abortion. In a widely-circulated interview, Northam went so far as to support cases where babies born in certain circumstances would be left to die after birth. On Friday, Big League Politics published a picture from Northam’s 1984 medical school yearbook showing two men, one in blackface and the other in KKK robes. The governor admitted to being in the picture on Friday, then reversed course in a bizarre mid-day news conference on Saturday.

Even after the photo prompted calls for his resignation from nearly every high-profile national and state-level Democrat, Morning Consult’s weekend poll of registered voters found Northam maintaining support from half of his party in Virginia. Among all Virginia voters, Northam went from enjoying 48 percent support pre-controversy to 29 percent post-controversy, according to the report. Forty-eight percent of all registered voters now disapprove of Northam, with 23 percent replying “Don’t know/No opinion.”

His support among Independents was halved after the controversy, dropping from 42 percent to 20 percent, though 49 percent still say they approve. Among Republicans, Northam went from 31 percent approval to 15 percent.

More:  http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/04/amid-blackface-kkk-photo-infanticide-scandals-50-percent-democrats-still-support-ralph-northam/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I get the feelin' that Northam ain't goin' anywhere.

But the Lt. Governor... might be on his way... out.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Some voters are blind to the scum they support.  They excuse it because they have been trained to hate half of America.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sad.

A lot of people, too, just don't know what is going on. I hope these people, Democrats in Virginia do know but just repeating myself, a lot of people are not up-to-date on the news.

I'm not going to question an acquaintance I have, I know she has gotten pro-lifer NRLA (National Right To Life Association) letters featuring Senator Rand Paul, then, I vaguely heard something about how this lady might vote democrat.  I can not confirm that. Here, we let it hang out a lot more than in public life. There's a good chance this person I know, doesn't even know the intricacies of the pro-life/pro-choice struggle.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I get the feelin' that Northam ain't goin' anywhere.

@Fishrrman

Yup. With every day that passes it seems more and more likely this whole thing was a setup by the Tan Klan to get Ralphie to resign so their black Lt Gov could take over without having to be elected.

Northam is getting ZERO support from the black politicians he has spent his entire political career sucking up to,so it should be interesting to see how he treats them if they are unsuccessful  with their efforts to get him removed from office.

The fact that their boy is facing charges of sexual assault isn't helping them,either. Not that anyone would EVER believe a black man would EVER commit sexual assault.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

He said She said.  The BJ was consensual before it wasn't back in 2004.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He said She said.  The BJ was consensual before it wasn't back in 2004.

@The Ghost

That would work if the Lt Gov were white,but he's black,and this means he is a member of the new Master Race,and politically untouchable. The only way they are going to get him out of office is with a big bag of cash. Anything else and he will be screaming "racism by the DNC" 24/7.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!