Author Topic: New Mexico Border Ranchers Fear Alerting Police to Drug Smugglers  (Read 758 times)

rangerrebew

New Mexico Border Ranchers Fear Alerting Police to Drug Smugglers

4 Feb 201915

New Mexico ranchers and other residents along unsecured sections of the state’s border with Mexico claim fear of retaliation if they report crimes like drug or human smuggling. Residents of the region known as the “Bootheel” witnessed increases in both drug and human smuggling during the past few months.

The residents of this sparsely populated area of the New Mexico-Mexico border say they are reluctant to report crimes they witness to local and federal law enforcement because of the possibility of retaliation from the Mexican cartel-connected smugglers. Ranchers and others in the area told the Washington Examiner they witness drug and human smuggling on a regular basis and some have faced blowback after reporting incidents to authorities.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/02/04/new-mexico-border-ranchers-fear-alerting-police-to-drug-smugglers/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: New Mexico Border Ranchers Fear Alerting Police to Drug Smugglers
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:47:18 pm »
Equip these ranchers on the border with encrypted satellite phones that can't be tracked.

Let them report border incursions that way.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 02:19:16 pm »
I have cousins in Texas who have a very large ranch.  It used to be the only threat to humans were the rattlesnakes.  Now they don't dare leave the house unless they are armed, not even to go to the barns or stables.    They no longer ride out alone either.  I'm not sure the ranch will survive.  No one wants to live and raise their families in an armed camp under constant threat.  When they run across someone on their property they don't know whether it's just someone harmless or someone willing to do violence. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 12:32:51 am »
Rose wrote:
"I have cousins in Texas who have a very large ranch."

Probably best to sell out to the government for what they can get and then... GET OUT of there...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 12:59:02 am »
Equip these ranchers on the border with encrypted satellite phones that can't be tracked.

Let them report border incursions that way.

I suspect that the phones are not the problem. The problem would be that the very people they are calling are, in many cases, themselves on the cartel payroll.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien