Author Topic: Northam tells Virginia Democrat it wasn't him in racist photo, won't resign despite mounting pressur  (Read 826 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Northam tells Virginia Democrat it wasn't him in racist photo, won't resign despite mounting pressure to do so
CNN, Feb 2, 2019

CNN) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has told a source he now believes it is not him in a racist yearbook photo and, despite mounting pressure to resign, that he will not do so, according a top Virginia Democratic source who spoke to the governor on Saturday.

Northam told the source he was in touch with some of his former Eastern Virginia Medical School colleagues, who said they believed many of the pictures in the yearbook were mixed up.

Northam did not recall the picture being taken, he told the source, and said he was not involved in the production of the yearbook.

Despite the increasing calls for him to resign, Northam also told the source he is not going to step down, which comes ahead of his planned statement to the media Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ET from the Executive Mansion in Virginia.

More:  https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/politics/northam-racist-yearbook-photo/index.html

Virginia Gov. Northam says he was not in racist picture, says he will not resign
Fox 5, Feb 2.2019

WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - A Virginia Democrat who has spoken with Gov. Ralph Northam has told The Associated Press that the governor now does not believe he was in a racist picture in his 1984 medical yearbook and has no immediate plans to resign.

The official was not authorized to speak on the record to detail a private conversation. The official told the AP on Saturday that Northam plans to address the issue with the public in the afternoon.

Northam is calling Virginia Democrats to try and gain support. Nearly his entire political base has called for him to resign.

Northam's 1984 yearbook page shows a picture of a person in blackface and another wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood next to different pictures of the governor.

After the picture went public Friday, Northam issued a statement saying he was "sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo."

But the Democrat who spoke to Northam said that after further reflection the governor said he has no memory of wearing either of the racist costumes and doesn't believe he is in the picture.

Northam's efforts do not appear to be successful so far. The Virginia Democratic Party issued a statement demanding Northam's immediate resignation.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/virginia-democrats-call-on-gov-northam-to-resign-over-racist-photo

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Just for the record, BLP says Northam basically already admitted to it... so, now this is walking back these admissions.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/here-are-a-few-times-ralph-northam-admitted-that-he-was-in-the-blackface-klan-photo/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Glad he isn't backing down over this high tech lynching attempt by the perpetually offended.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He didn't say "It wasn't him," he says he doesn't recall.  Weasel words.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Glad he isn't backing down over this high tech lynching attempt by the perpetually offended.

I'm not offended, I just want revenge and to see Democrats suffer for once.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He didn't say "It wasn't him," he says he doesn't recall.  Weasel words.

He was in it before he wasn't! I think that's how the refrain goes.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It doesn't matter.  The dems have been playing the perpetually offended card for years; it needs to come back to haunt them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

And he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I wasn't "broad brushing" you into that category.  It is reserved for this new class of internet SJW and the  nouveau woke crowd. I detest them which Is why I support the Gov in this.   If the people of VI want him gone, let them do it via ballot box in 2 years.  Not via the internet and those stupid dot gov online petitions.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:52:47 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused