Author Topic: Pelosi on Jobs Report: ‘GOP Attitude Disrespects Workers, Dishonors Our Values and Damages Our Econo  (Read 825 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pelosi on Jobs Report: ‘GOP Attitude Disrespects Workers, Dishonors Our Values and Damages Our Economy’
CNS News, Feb 1, 2019

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded to a January employment report that showed “nonfarm payroll employment increased by 304,000” during the month by issuing a statement attacking congressional Republicans for embracing an attitude that “disrespects workers”

Pelosi also lamented the situation of federal workers, who, even if they were furloughed during the partial shutdown that ended on January 25 were paid for the time they did not work.

Also, the jobs report showed that the federal government added 1,000 workers during the month.

“Federal workers, many of them veterans, saw their financial security shaken, their credit ratings harmed, and their lives upended by the longest shutdown in history,” Pelosi said in her statement on the jobs report.

More:  https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom-staff/pelosi-jobs-report-gop-attitude-disrespects-workers-dishonors-our-values-and

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Laugh or cry .... that's always the choice with a Pelosi statement.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:14:55 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

I usually shake my head in disgust.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I usually shake my head in disgust.  **nononono*

I shake my head too...but it's because of her tone deafness about what's going on around here...she's detached from reality....she's spent too much time inside the beltway.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Yep. All those new jobs sure are disrespectful.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Thow a bag of gold in Nancy's lap and she'll call it turd.

Up is down with this psycho.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
She's an idiot spewing nonsense. She's a hack.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'd think favoring illegals here to work is not too much respect for American workers, Nancy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

She's drifting further from reality.  She doesn't know whether to jig left or right so she settles for stupid.

Jobs reports today indicate that even with the shutdown the hiring picture improved.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mountaineer

From yesterday:
NANCY? Pelosi botches words, suffers face spasms, confuses Dems, GOP while vowing no border wall funding
January 31, 2019
By Kyle Olson

What’s wrong with Nancy Pelosi?

The House Speaker spoke to reporters today for only about 21 minutes, but there were plenty of strange moments as she botched words, suffered face spasms and brain freezes as she attacked President Trump’s proposed border wall and his leadership during the recent partial government shutdown.

Lamenting the recent partial government shutdown, Pelosi said, “Veterans, many of whom— a third of the Republican— federal employees…”

“Maybe we can do something to help our contractors, uh, because they did— are— not getting paid,” she struggled to say.

The House Speaker attempted to read recent votes to reporters, and had trouble finding the right numbers in her notes.

“163— what is it, 163, uh, Democrats, uh, Republicans voted no,” she said, looking at reporters for dramatic effect, “to a resolution that says shutdowns are wrong.”

“163 voted, only 20, um, uh, 1 voted yes on that,” she added.  ...
Full story and video
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I thought Trump had a hiring freeze in affect.  How do you gain 1,000 employees with a hiring freeze?

Pelosi is wonderful.  If the Dems have the majority in the House, there is no one I would want more than Pelosi as Speaker.  She is one of the dumbest politicians I have ever witnessed in my life, but not so dumb she did not line her pockets with gold along the way of life.

This bimbo that screeches this is immoral and that is immoral is the queen of immorality.  Her and her husband own businesses in American Somoa, and she conveniently arranged that American Somoa is exempt from the Minimum Wage.  How many other pieces of legislation did this carpetbagger arrange to put money in her pocket?  Plenty, I'll bet.

Rest assured however, she will once again play a key role in getting many Republicans elected in 2020.  It would be nice if they were conservative too, something that no longer comes with GOP candidates.