Author Topic: A Woman's Right?  (Read 5822 times)

Offline mrclose

A Woman's Right?
« on: February 02, 2019, 02:58:35 am »
If the argument to support abortions is that "It is A Woman's Right To Choose" what to do with her own body, then does that same Right extend to her selling a body part?

If I am reading the law correctly ... then the answer is No!

Under U.S. federal law, it is illegal to sell a kidney or any other bodily organ. The National Organ Transplant Act of 1984, sponsored by then-Congressman Al Gore (D-Tenn.) and Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), specifically states:

"It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human organ for valuable consideration for use in human transplantation if the transfer affects interstate commerce."

The law imposes a maximum $50,000 fine and five years in prison for any violation. Most state laws also prohibit the sale of organs for profit.

https://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-rights/can-i-sell-an-organ.html

In what way then does a "Woman's Right To Choose" Not apply here?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: A Woman's Right?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 04:00:04 am »
Selling organs affects men too, who are hated.  Ergo, not a "Womyn's Rights" issue. </cynic mode>
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 06:01:51 am »
If the argument to support abortions is that "It is A Woman's Right To Choose" what to do with her own body, then does that same Right extend to her selling a body part?

If I am reading the law correctly ... then the answer is No!

https://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-rights/can-i-sell-an-organ.html

In what way then does a "Woman's Right To Choose" Not apply here?
Interesting.Next question, since Planned Parenthood has been caught selling fetal 'tissue', can she sell that fetal tissue? (If so, then it isn't part of her body, which means it belongs to someone else. Which would mean she can sell body parts as long as they aren't hers, or at least planned parenthood can.)

(More stories of some sap coming out from under a roofie in a motel bathtub full of ice with a fresh scar and stitches follow....)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:18:38 am »

No.  A body part has her DNA.  A baby has half her DNA, and half from another individual, making it a separate entity from the "mother".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:20:04 am »
No.  A body part has her DNA.  A baby has half her DNA, and half from another individual, making it a separate entity from the "mother".
That is correct. In an abortion a separate genetic entity (a unique person) is killed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:04:19 pm »
The point that I was trying to make is ...

If you take the above law to it's logical conclusion ... A woman Does Not have complete authority over Her own body!?

Sounds like the baby killers are up to the usual "pick and choose" which laws they wish to follow!
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 08:22:21 pm »
The point that I was trying to make is ...

If you take the above law to it's logical conclusion ... A woman Does Not have complete authority over Her own body!?

Sounds like the baby killers are up to the usual "pick and choose" which laws they wish to follow!

My point is, they won't take it to it's logical conclusion if it enhances rights for males in any way.  Men have organs that can be sold too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 09:37:35 pm »
My point is, they won't take it to it's logical conclusion if it enhances rights for males in any way.  Men have organs that can be sold too.

Oh I realize that.

I was just taking their main argument to it's obvious conclusion.
(Woman's right to choose ... Because it's Her body)
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 09:50:15 pm »
Oh I realize that.

I was just taking their main argument to it's obvious conclusion.
(Woman's right to choose ... Because it's Her body)

Your argument is strong.  :beer:  Has to be, you have one of the best Avatars in the Forum.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 10:04:19 pm »
Your argument is strong.  :beer:  Has to be, you have one of the best Avatars in the Forum.

:silly:  :silly:  :silly:  :silly:
Thank You!
~ Self

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 06:33:00 pm »

Then why the siren song, "It's my body."

If in fact is IS "her body," how can these professional whiners demand child support from the father for 18 years?  "HER BODY" should not be HIS responsibility.  But then again, truth is not in the Left.
Roe V. Wade was based on a lie.  Norma McCorvey was NOT raped as she claimed.  The decision should be overturned therefore.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist