Author Topic: Ralph Northam apologizes for medical school yearbook photo with blackface, KKK robe  (Read 1394 times)

Offline dfwgator

He should certainly apologize,  but I agree with you that he should not be forced to resign.   Decades-old school yearbooks should not be "fair game" for the destruction of a career;   such a youthful lapse in judgment should be capable of being forgiven if sincerely apologized for.

I am not going to adopt different standards of unforgivable behavior simply on the basis of political affiliation.   Most of us did dumb-ass stuff back in school.  Most of us have also grown up.   It is the measure of who we are now that should determine what is qualifying/disqualifying.   If Northam should resign, it should be for his apparent support for legislation that he admits will legalize infanticide.   Not for some long-ago lapse in taste that a photo of a black guy sharing a beer with a Klansman might be humorous.   

They got George Allen for saying "Macaca".

Sorry, they started this war, and it's about damned time our side finished it.  The Japs bombed Pearl Harbor,  we nuked Hiroshima!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Northam tells Virginia Democrat it wasn't him in racist photo, won't resign despite mounting pressure to do so

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/02/politics/northam-racist-yearbook-photo/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

They have Identified the man in the KKK suit.  According to reports it was Robert "Sheets" Byrd.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's pretty amazing, all of this started out because some dupe for who is probably Planned Parenthood, Kathy Tran, a delegate in Virginia, introduced some shoddy bill that I highly doubt she wrote herself, it was given to her, her catepillar/butterfly bill was probably given to her by environmentalists (see how lobbies work), so she introduces the bill to congress and now, she'll probably surely be out next time and the governor may be out now.

God! If you work in mysterious ways, we need to see more of this!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:02:49 pm by TomSea »