Author Topic: Ralph Northam apologizes for medical school yearbook photo with blackface, KKK robe  (Read 1389 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam apologized Friday for appearing in a “racist and offensive” photo on his 1984 medical school yearbook page that showed one man dressed in blackface and another in a KKK robe, while giving no indication he plans to resign.

Northam – who has been under fire this week for comments made about a third-trimester abortion bill in his state – admitted to being one of the people in the photo, though it’s not clear which costume he is wearing.

“Earlier today, a website published a photograph of me from my 1984 medical school yearbook in a costume that is clearly racist and offensive,” Northam said in a statement.

He added, “I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now.”

Fox News obtained a copy of the 1984 yearbook page from the Eastern Virginia Medical School library. Northam graduated from the school that year.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ralph-northams-medical-school-yearbook-page-shows-men-dressed-in-blackface-kkk-robe
We need to all say goodbye to the rabid supporter of abortion/infanticide, racist, neurologist governor of Virginia.

He has been Frankened.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:29:31 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

We need to all say goodbye to the rabid supporter of abortion/infanticide, racist, neurosurgeon governor of Virginia.

He has been Frankened.

Say hello to your new governor (the one who isn't Obama)....

Lt. Gov. Fairfax says NFL is wrongly keeping Kaepernick from playing

https://www.richmond.com/lt-gov-fairfax-says-nfl-is-wrongly-keeping-kaepernick-from/article_f47767ff-bb2d-5921-a0d9-99e0da531358.html

Offline dfwgator

Yo, Mr. Gillespie, you former RNC head,   you mean to tell me you couldn't find this out BEFORE the election!?!?!?!?!

GOP is so worthless.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yo, Mr. Gillespie, you former RNC head,   you mean to tell me you couldn't find this out BEFORE the election!?!?!?!?!

GOP is so worthless.

Kavanaugh hearing should have made it clear high school yearbooks are fair game and college yearbooks really fair game.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

So it looks like his term is about to be aborted.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Kavanaugh hearing should have made it clear high school yearbooks are fair game and college yearbooks really fair game.

And that is bullshit.  but it is how we will roll with the wokes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So it looks like his term is about to be aborted.

He will NOT resign.  Democrats don't do that.  He will have to be removed kicking, screaming and apologizing.

Offline dfwgator

He will NOT resign.  Democrats don't do that.  He will have to be removed kicking, screaming and apologizing.

There are a lot of calls from liberals for him to step down.  Especially since the Lt. Gov is a black SJW type.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

No apologies are needed. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not resigning per Fox News Alert...Nothing to see her...he's a Dem...they don't resign..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:55:31 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No apologies are needed.

No apologies will work.  It's sickening that he thinks they will.

Online Wingnut

No apologies will work.  It's sickening that he thinks they will.
No.  You don't get it.    He needs not apologize.  He did nothing wrong. 

So Al Franken must not have been a Democrat?

News to me.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Not resigning per Fox News Alert...Nothing to see her...he's a Dem...they don't resign..
Did Al Franken change parties prior to resigning?

Offline dfwgator

He's going to get the visit from the "Spanish Archer"  - El Bow!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:11:20 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

He's going to get the visit from the "Spanish Archer"  - El Bow!
actually one of his top donors is demanding it now.  He does not have long.  I say by Sunday.

The Latest: Planned Parenthood calls for Northam to resign
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/article/The-Latest-Virginia-governor-apologizes-for-13582033.php

Offline dfwgator

actually one of his top donors is demanding it now.  He does not have long.  I say by Sunday.

The Latest: Planned Parenthood calls for Northam to resign
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/article/The-Latest-Virginia-governor-apologizes-for-13582033.php

Looks like tomorrow:

Scott Wong ‏ Verified account @scottwongDC 41m41 minutes ago

NEWS: VA state Democrats just wrapped up an emergency conference call. Leaders concluded they cannot stand with NORTHAM after the blackface/KKK photo. More VA statements coming shortly calling for resignation.
"HE LIKELY WILL RESIGN IN THE MORNING," said a source on the call.

Looks like tomorrow:

Scott Wong ‏ Verified account @scottwongDC 41m41 minutes ago

NEWS: VA state Democrats just wrapped up an emergency conference call. Leaders concluded they cannot stand with NORTHAM after the blackface/KKK photo. More VA statements coming shortly calling for resignation.
"HE LIKELY WILL RESIGN IN THE MORNING," said a source on the call.
He is a dead man walking.  Now all the black community is going against him.

Virginia governor apologizes for racist photo; not resigning
By ALAN SUDERMAN Associated Press 1 hr ago
https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/virginia-governor-apologizes-for-racist-imagery-in-yearbook/article_51026cfc-ad37-573c-b2f7-cb29a251b8ef.html

Offline dfwgator

DAFUQ!?!?!?!?!

DAFUQ!?!?!?!?!
Wow, just Wow.

deliberate lying to influence.

Look at his nickname at VMI

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No.  You don't get it.    He needs not apologize.  He did nothing wrong.

He should certainly apologize,  but I agree with you that he should not be forced to resign.   Decades-old school yearbooks should not be "fair game" for the destruction of a career;   such a youthful lapse in judgment should be capable of being forgiven if sincerely apologized for.

I am not going to adopt different standards of unforgivable behavior simply on the basis of political affiliation.   Most of us did dumb-ass stuff back in school.  Most of us have also grown up.   It is the measure of who we are now that should determine what is qualifying/disqualifying.   If Northam should resign, it should be for his apparent support for legislation that he admits will legalize infanticide.   Not for some long-ago lapse in taste that a photo of a black guy sharing a beer with a Klansman might be humorous.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Northam tells Virginia Democrat it wasn't him in racist photo, won't resign despite mounting pressure to do so

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/02/politics/northam-racist-yearbook-photo/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If he had that nickname, then, even if this was in 1980, perhaps there is some witness who heard something. How did he get that nickname? Significance? It could be unrelated to racism "maybe".