Author Topic: Judicial Watch: Senate Ethics Committee Gives Sen. Cory Booker a Pass for Purposely Violating Rules  (Read 887 times)

rangerrebew

Judicial Watch: Senate Ethics Committee Gives Sen. Cory Booker a Pass for Purposely Violating Rules to Try to Torpedo Kavanaugh Nomination

JANUARY 23, 2019

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Ethics has refused to take action against Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), who admitted to willfully violating Senate rules by releasing confidential records regarding then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s time as a White House counsel. The documents were marked “Committee confidential,” meaning they were not for public distribution.

Judicial Watch’s September 2018 complaint to the chairman and co-chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Ethics called for an investigation after Sen. Booker admitted to violating Senate rules in releasing the confidential material. Ethics Committee Chief Counsel and Staff Director Deborah Sue Mayer responded last week:

The Select Committee on Ethics (the Committee) has reviewed the complaint you filed against Senator Cory A. Booker, dated September 12, 2018. The Committee carefully evaluated the allegations in the complaint and, based on all the information before it, determined that no further action is appropriate. Thank you for your correspondence with the Committee.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-senate-ethics-committee-gives-sen-cory-booker-a-pass-for-purposely-violating-rules-to-try-to-torpedo-kavanaugh-nomination/?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newswatch&utm_term=members&utm_content=20190201160840
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 04:11:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Senate "ethics" committee is a joke!  Just like the House "ethics" committee is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Congress is a club whose members protect each other. No ethics at all.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think releasing documents that were already released by the custodian of those docs is a violation of ethics rules.  Booker knew this when he claimed to be "Sparticus" violating the rules.  That was the lie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't think releasing documents that were already released by the custodian of those docs is a violation of ethics rules.  Booker knew this when he claimed to be "Sparticus" violating the rules.  That was the lie.

Except that I don't think that is the case!  I think that's the BS story they concocted to cover his sorry ass!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except that I don't think that is the case!  I think that's the BS story they concocted to cover his sorry ass!

Well, if JW gets traction with its complaint we'll find out!  They often do.  Their record's been decent since they dumped Klaman.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Booker is a complete scumbag, from top to bottom.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Booker is a complete scumbag, from top to bottom.

Yeah.  Back in the day he had some redeeming qualities, but those were all discarded upon his election to the Senate.  He and Christie used to be buddies, but even Christie detests him now.
I will NOT comply.