Author Topic: After Republican Objects, Democrats Keep ‘So Help Me God’ in Committee Oath  (Read 497 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After Republican Objects, Democrats Keep ‘So Help Me God’ in Committee Oath

Tony Perkins / @tperkins / January 31, 2019

Just 28 days ago, Nancy Pelosi claimed the speaker’s gavel and promised that her House would be “bipartisan and unifying.” What have we seen since?

House Democrats are pushing to open the floodgates of millions of taxpayer dollars to pay for elective abortions—even as Pelosi insists that she can’t offer more than a dollar to build a border wall. And then earlier this week, Democrats on the Natural Resources Committee announced they would remove “so help you God” from the oath that is administered to witnesses who testify before the committee.

So under the new Democratic House majority, it’s “yes” to taxpayer funding for abortion, “no” to a border wall, and “no” to God.

On Tuesday night, Rep. Garret Graves, R-La., a Republican member of the committee, joined me on radio to talk about an amendment he filed to put God back in the oath.

more
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/01/31/after-republican-objects-democrats-keep-so-help-me-god-in-committee-oath/?fbclid=IwAR1Eg6Ug344jas86dQmsU-H-waWM5azwaWbPg1l-Q8sT_wxzlKwtQXT41BM
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

The rats figured they'd finally allow the right to win one. I guess we should be grateful.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I like the idea that they have at least acknowledged they are beholden to a higher power.

Now, if we only knew what god they were swearing by.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The rats figured they'd finally allow the right to win one. I guess we should be grateful.

Oh this is the winning.  Add it to the win list just under saved Christmas, but above stopped plane crashes.

This makes up for not draining the swamp, not building the wall, Hiltery still loose, spending like a rat, funding Planned Parenthood, and Speaker Pelosi.

:happyny:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh this is the winning.  Add it to the win list just under saved Christmas, but above stopped plane crashes.

This makes up for not draining the swamp, not building the wall, Hiltery still loose, spending like a rat, funding Planned Parenthood, and Speaker Pelosi.

:happyny:

:cheerlead: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheerlead:

Sorry, I am feeling a little sarcastic, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis