Author Topic: White House Petition to Impeach Pelosi Tops 100K Signatures, Triggering Official Response  (Read 1141 times)

rangerrebew

White House Petition to Impeach Pelosi Tops 100K Signatures, Triggering Official Response

A White House website “We the People” petition declaring “IMPEACH Pelosi for treason!” has surpassed the “100,000 signatures in 30 days” requirement to trigger an official response from the White House.

The “Nancy Pelosi is a TRAITOR to the American People!” petition, created by a person identified only as “M.G.” was created on January 18, 2019. Twelve days later, as of January 30, the petition had garnered more than 130,000 signatures – enough to earn a response, the website says:

“Needs 0 signatures by February 17, 2019 to get a response from the White House”

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/white-house-petition-impeach-pelosi-tops-100k-signatures-triggering-official

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Too bad.

She needs to be "Expelled" by the House itself.

I don't think she can be impeached.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

Amid the saturation news campaign of how unpopular President Trump is, the msm fails to mention even once that congress’s overall approval and Nancy and Chuck’s specific approval rating is half that of Donald Trump’s.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think these on-line petitions are stupid and any response to them should be stopped.  What dumb ass President decided this was a good idea in the 1st place.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Too bad.

Exactly. Also she is Trumps second best ally in the house when compared to the radicals like AOC.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Too bad.

She can't be expelled either. Short of being arrested for a specific crime, this would be up to the voters in California to go through a recall process, and I'm not sure if I hat applies to Congressional seats there.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I think these on-line petitions are stupid and any response to them should be stopped.  What dumb ass President decided this was a good idea in the 1st place.

1. Correct
2. Obama started this specific online petition process.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She can't be expelled either. Short of being arrested for a specific crime, this would be up to the voters in California to go through a recall process, and I'm not sure if I hat applies to Congressional seats there.
I did not think members of Congress were subject to recall votes. I'd be nice if they were. Maybe they'd pay attention to their constituents some time besides the last 4-5 months before the election.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think she can be expelled from the Congress (which would require an act of Congress), but not the Speakership?  I know that sounds odd, but being a Member of Congress is not a requirement to be Speaker (although there has never been a Speaker who was not elected from the House membership that I know of).

As for a "recall elections" for Congresscritters, I don't think that's allowed.  It's like Term Limits...no requirement beyond the Election is permitted.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:04:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I did not think members of Congress were subject to recall votes. I'd be nice if they were. Maybe they'd pay attention to their constituents some time besides the last 4-5 months before the election.

They are not.  I have specific experience, having been involved in the Recall McCain effort.  We were reliant upon his voluntarily resigning if he lost the vote (stop laughing).  The actual Recall Election was to be merely a formal request to resign.  I think there was a prior SCOTUS decision, but it was a long time ago (2001) and I can't recall the exact mechanations that went on. 

We abandoned the effort after 9/11.  We weren't going to get enough signatures anyway, we needed around 500K signatures, which is next to impossible unless the politician involved was somebody like Evan Mecham.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
1. Correct

Yeah.  Mr. Hopey Change. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Unfortunately the voters of Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. along with the democrat voters of California make that an impossibility. 9999hair out0000

Offline libertybele

I think she can be expelled from the Congress (which would require an act of Congress), but not the Speakership?  I know that sounds odd, but being a Member of Congress is not a requirement to be Speaker (although there has never been a Speaker who was not elected from the House membership that I know of).

As for a "recall elections" for Congresscritters, I don't think that's allowed.  It's like Term Limits...no requirement beyond the Election is permitted.

I'm pretty sure she can be expelled from Congress and/or asked to step down from the Speakership by members of the House and then they would vote in another Speaker.  (Gingrich for example).

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm pretty sure she can be expelled from Congress and/or asked to step down from the Speakership by members of the House and then they would vote in another Speaker.  (Gingrich for example).

Sounds about right.

Aha!  I found a list at Wiki.  Five Congressmen have ever been expelled, three for being loyal to the Confederacy in 1861 and two "recently" for taking bribes (Traficant in 2002 and Myers in 1980).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_representatives_expelled,_censured,_or_reprimanded
I will NOT comply.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Are bleep really this stupid? House members don't get impeached.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are bleep really this stupid? House members don't get impeached.

This is one of those stupid White House dot gov "petitions," so yes.  They are that stupid.
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_from_the_United_States_Congress

The United States Constitution (Article 1, Section 5)[1] gives the House of Representatives the power to expel any member by a two-thirds vote.

In the entire history of the United States Congress, 20 Members have been expelled: 15 from the Senate and 5 from the House of Representatives (of those, one member's expulsion, William K. Sebastian of Arkansas, was posthumously reversed).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:55:52 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Wingnut

This is one of those stupid White House dot gov "petitions," so yes.  They are that stupid.

It was born/hatched on Bookface...then moved to gov.org.  So you knew it was signed by people who live in the place where logic and reason go to die.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It was born/hatched on Bookface...then moved to gov.org.  So you knew it was signed by people who live in the place where logic and reason go to die.

I'm sure many signed a few times.  It's called "Freeping the Poll" at TOS.
I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
1. Correct

And here's what happened when Obama's White House got wind of a petition they didn't want.

The original requirement to ask the meddler in chief to stick his nose into society at large - Legacy Chasing - was 25,000 signatures. They changed the number required before it had time to reach 25K.

They upped it to 100,000, because there was no way he, Holder, FDA, CDC, NIH, NIMH, NAMI, Drug Companies, Pharma, or a bunch of other drug whores would come out of it looking good.

Psych Drugs Causing Violence Petition: White House Responds: Quadruple Number of Signatures Required on Petitions in Future

https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2013/01/psych-drugs-causing-violence-petition.html

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:21:47 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com