Author Topic: Schultz presidential rollout ignites fury on left  (Read 1495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schultz presidential rollout ignites fury on left
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:13:24 pm »
Schultz presidential rollout ignites fury on left
By Amie Parnes - 01/31/19 12:13 PM EST

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is enduring a rocky presidential rollout.

Schultz, who announced Sunday that he is considering a White House run as an independent, has faced an onslaught of criticism by Democrats who have criticized his wealth and slammed him for offering a candidacy they say could hand President Trump another term in the Oval Office.

Critics from David Axelrod to The View's Joy Behar to political figures such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) have piled in, ripping Schultz for a sense of entitlement in announcing his intentions.

Schultz has had some public defenders as well, but they have been largely drowned out by his critics — some who saw in the former Starbucks leader another billionaire businessman not ready for the political stage.

“Really? The coffee guy wants to be president?” HBO host Bill Maher tweeted. “Just because you had one profitable insight — people will overpay for coffee — doesn’t mean you can run the world. Government is a different animal, can we please get a pro in there?”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427860-schultz-presidential-rollout-ignites-fury-on-left
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:33:13 pm by Mod5 »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Schultz presidential rollout ignites fury on left
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:16:01 pm »
No political party or candidate is entitled to anyone's vote. If the Democrats are worried he will take votes, they need to modify what they are offering to attract those voters back.

Voters are not your property to tell what to do.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 01:54:14 am »
ABX wrote:
"Voters are not your property to tell what to do."

Then... why do so many of them act exactly that way?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:39:28 am »
That bit with the votes isn't confined to the Left....

It is obvious the Dems will have to find a candidate they can all unite behind, or fail.  :thud:

With the batsh*t crazy Communist wing of the Party snorting up the ill educated left, this GOTV competition is going to be a Circus--a dangerous one, to be sure, because if the Dems come up with someone who promises to give away the country, tear down the wall, murder babies with Teutonic efficiency, steal from the "rich", and give out gobs of free sh*t, they might get moving in 2020.

But there are so many identities, "50+ genders", all those "preferences", and a host of 'races' to pander to, so I don't know that any single candidate can get enough of the fraudulent, illegal, and dead votes to prevail.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:40:40 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 01:23:52 pm »
That bit with the votes isn't confined to the Left....

It is obvious the Dems will have to find a candidate they can all unite behind, or fail.  :thud:

With the batsh*t crazy Communist wing of the Party snorting up the ill educated left, this GOTV competition is going to be a Circus--a dangerous one, to be sure, because if the Dems come up with someone who promises to give away the country, tear down the wall, murder babies with Teutonic efficiency, steal from the "rich", and give out gobs of free sh*t, they might get moving in 2020.

But there are so many identities, "50+ genders", all those "preferences", and a host of 'races' to pander to, so I don't know that any single candidate can get enough of the fraudulent, illegal, and dead votes to prevail.

:pop41:

Exactly.  I wonder who the MSM is going to push??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 02:10:26 pm »
ABX wrote:

Because humans are idiots. They treat politics like sports teams and will follow someone just for wearing a blue jersey so the red doesn't win. (And vice versa)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 02:33:21 pm »
Exactly.  I wonder who the MSM is going to push??

They'll be pushing Kamala, I think.  CNN's already running her events live, just like Fox used to do with Trump's rallies.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 02:43:54 pm »
They'll be pushing Kamala, I think.  CNN's already running her events live, just like Fox used to do with Trump's rallies.

She is the flavor of the weak.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 02:48:21 pm »

It will likely be Biden with a demographic token as VP. (depending on where they see they can pull votes). I would not be surprised if we see a Biden/Romney ticket.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 03:30:09 pm »
Because humans are idiots. They treat politics like sports teams and will follow someone just for wearing a blue jersey so the red doesn't win. (And vice versa)
Johnathan Swift had it right Lilliputians fighting over which end of the egg to open.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 03:32:36 pm »
It will likely be Biden with a demographic token as VP. (depending on where they see they can pull votes). I would not be surprised if we see a Biden/Romney ticket.
There is a reason why Romney stepped back into the limelight. Not many who have been Executives (Governor of Mass.) will take a legislative role. It's his ticket back into political relevancy.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 03:34:21 pm »

It's not idiocy.  In many cases we know very little about a particular candidate and can only pick one by which party they claim.  We know a lot about Trump; not so much about our state rep or local school board candidate. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 03:39:40 pm »

Interesting concept in theory.   I'm trying to remember what past president tried choosing his VP from the opposite party?  I don't think it ended well.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 02:15:28 am »

And the MSM is not an Enemy of The People?

Kamala Harris? Full Bore In Your Face Communist who couldn't find her A$$ with both hands in a dark room?

Kamala Harris who was instrumental in turning SF into the only major city in the US with its own Poop Map?

"Vote Harris for President so every town in America can have its own 20lb bags of S$$t on the street corners too."

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 02:23:55 am »
Did you quote Willie Brown's autobiography there?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 04:05:21 am »
ABX wrote:

Herd mentality.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 04:06:12 am »
It's about time the Democrat Party experienced their own Ross Perot moment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 04:29:07 am »
It's about time the Democrat Party experienced their own Ross Perot moment.
They did.  His name is Ralph Nader.

Look up his results in the 2000 Florida election and what he took from Gore which swung it to Bush.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington