Author Topic: Poll: Trump would lose a three-way race if a strong third-party candidate jumps in  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Did you turn against Kasich because he was an A-hole on a plane recently?

(Just teasin' you, man!  How's the leg?  I know that has to be taking a while.)

I like Haley too, but not for this office right now.  She's better than average, I'll give you that.  She was tough in the UN, better than expected.

Who would you support, if Trump decides not to run?   Cruz?     

(The leg's getting better, slowly but surely.   Thanks for asking.   I'm most grateful that, so far, it's been a mild winter here in Philly in terms of snow and ice.   I can't afford to take another fall.)   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Polls for public consumption have long ago been weaponized and are now MUCH more about driving opinions than measuring them!

QFT
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

(The leg's getting better, slowly but surely.   Thanks for asking.   I'm most grateful that, so far, it's been a mild winter here in Philly in terms of snow and ice.   I can't afford to take another fall.)

I have no idea whom I would support.  Cruz?  Maybe if he runs but he probably won't.  I really don't know because I want to see who wants the job first.  Secondly, who has the fire in the belly to take on the Corruptocrats?

I'm wishy-washy...lol

I'm glad to hear about the relatively decent weather you are having.  Yes, indeed your primary danger right now is to re-injure.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

A "Democrat" wants to take all the citizens' guns and throw them in jail.  A "Centrist Democrat" just wants to take all the guns.  To me, there's not a heckuvalot of difference.

Amen, brother.  Those rare democrats who have a modicum of sense are afraid to express it because of the direction the party is going.

We can't trust any of them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Jazzhead  glad to hear it.  That's one reason I am grateful to be living in Maui.  We never have to worry about snow and ice.  I did manage to fall anyway last year, but it was harder.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have no idea whom I would support.  Cruz?  Maybe if he runs but he probably won't.  I really don't know because I want to see who wants the job first.  Secondly, who has the fire in the belly to take on the Corruptocrats?

I'm wishy-washy...lol

I'm glad to hear about the relatively decent weather you are having.  Yes, indeed your primary danger right now is to re-injure.

I think Trump will run and we're sunk if he doesn't.  He has a large core base to build on and that, combined with the good job he's done as President, would probably lift him over any democrat.

As for a third party candidate, the democrats are terrified of that.  They are frantically trying to undermine that billionaire dude who's floating the idea.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think Trump will run and we're sunk if he doesn't.  He has a large core base to build on and that, combined with the good job he's done as President, would probably lift him over any democrat.

As for a third party candidate, the democrats are terrified of that.  They are frantically trying to undermine that billionaire dude who's floating the idea.

@Emjay

The billionaire:  Howard Schultz, former CEO of Starbucks.  Yeah, I don't see many Republicans going for that guy either.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:52:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

IMO,  Nikki Haley.   For the following reasons:

-  She's isn't aligned with the Never-Trumpers;  she has served the President with distinction.  Her tenure as U.S. ambassador to the U.N. was inspiring and very much in line with Trump's concept of America first.   I can think of no one better qualified to keep the GOP coalition together. 

-  She's a solid conservative on most issues,  but can, I think, appeal to independents as well. 

-  As  female of Indian heritage,  she counterbalances the Dem obsession with identity politics.

-   She has a solid background of executive experience.   I generally favor governors over Senators;  the latter play games, the former make tough, real world decisions.

- She's good looking.

Mod Note:  Your original description needed work.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:48:41 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So's Sinema.  She claims to be bi, thus increasing her potential dating pool by about 100%,
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
- She's good looking.

I just noticed the carpet matches the drapes in that photo.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:49:11 pm by MOD3 »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just noticed the carpet matches the drapes in that photo.

Your eyes are a hell of a lot better than mine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It is just basic instinct.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think @The Ghost was referring to the actual carpet and drapes.  :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

I think @The Ghost was referring to the actual carpet and drapes.  :laugh:

I have an eye and a flair for those types of things.  @Cyber Liberty

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It is just basic instinct.

ROFLMFAO!!!  OK! If you say so!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
ROFLMFAO!!!  OK! If you say so!

Hint:  90% of what @The Ghost posts is either a Movie or a Song reference....  :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
- She's good looking.

Yes, she's got that going for her, which is nice.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:49:38 pm by MOD3 »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So who would be the strongest GOP candidate, instead of Trump?

Greg Abbott

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Emjay

The billionaire:  Howard Schultz, former CEO of Starbucks.  Yeah, I don't see many Republicans going for that guy either.

Probably just a coincidence that this poll came out the same time Schultz did.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Hint:  90% of what @The Ghost posts is either a Movie or a Song reference....  :pondering:

Now where would you get an idea like that?  /S

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now where would you get an idea like that?  /S

He's my Fraternity Brother.   :silly:

(It's true, he's a Frater.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

That explains everything!   :rolling:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

Yep we are.

I'm like Jessica Rabbit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yep we are.

I'm like Jessica Rabbit.

Yer not bad, yer just drawn that way?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Nope, but the democrats are afraid he would take away voters from people who would ordinarily vote democrat but who are spooked by the radical wing of the party.

I remember when my niece came back from California, having discovered Starbucks and was trying to lobby for them to move here (to Texas).  I think they may have done so.