Author Topic: Dems signal flexibility at border meeting  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Dems signal flexibility at border meeting
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 06:54:33 pm »
"Evil" or "dumb?"  Really?  Briefers are "evil" now.   **nononono*

I'd say it's a new low, but I don't read all your posts so the possibility exists you've made this assertion before.

Don't let the resident DU Troll get to you. That's what they want.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »
Walls Work According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. It is beyond stupid to claim otherwise.

Online libertybele

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 07:02:22 pm »
...so screw the kids.  Got it.

No.  That is NOT what I am saying. The children shouldn't be brought here in the first place and a WALL would keep their parents out and eventually prevent them from subjecting their children to horrendous crimes including rape and murder. 

Secondly, in turn, we cannot say "screw the U.S. child".  They need to be protected from illegals, and crimes committed by illegals and resources given to U.S. children in need.  I've seen too many occasions where the illegal child was given preferential treatment over U.S. children.  It happens in the hospitals and doctors offices where parents who have and pay for health insurance don't have adequate health insurance and are treated accordingly, yet those children who are here illegal without any way to pay for their medical and have no insurance are treated better because they don't face the restrictions from health insurance companies.  Take a U.S. child who is in elementary school.  They are given a list of items needed; i.e., 4 boxes of crayons, 4 notebooks, 4 folders, 4 boxes of kleenex, 4 erasers, 4 tubes of glue, etc., etc.  The parents of the U.S. child provides those items only to have those items taken and distributed to illegals whose parents failed to get them the items needed.

We need to STOP illegal children and their parents via a border wall so that U.S. children and their parents are protected period.

I've had enough of the illegal immigration crap. With that being stated ... it's a beautiful gorgeous day in sunny Florida.  I'm going to go for a walk and talk to a neighbor or two.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2019, 07:04:55 pm »
Don't let the resident DU Troll get to you. That's what they want.

Nah...it doesn't bother me much, it's just disappointing this one's Never Trump stance gets bolder and more hateful every day, it seems.  For about one glorious month in 2016 he actually saw good in the President, but that's been in tatters ever since.  He's been against Trump no matter what he does.

Just noting it.  And, as usual, I have to make clear I am not an Always Trumper.  I'm a Trump Neutral, and my opinion depends on what's he's doing on a given day. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2019, 07:07:16 pm »
Walls Work According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. It is beyond stupid to claim otherwise.

As a 40-year Resident of AZ, I know the damage done by the border jumpers.  I've seen loved ones hurt and even killed by illegals.  My view is much closer to CBP than it is to some Briefers on the Canadian border.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2019, 07:09:47 pm »
I think people who live near the Southern border have a better idea of what would work than somebody who's major immigration problem is recalcitrant Canadians.

Your posts suggest more than a nod to the fallacy, "The proposed solution won't fix 100% of the problem, so we should do 0% to fix it."

I'm sure your criticism of a physical barrier at the Southern border is more than just a knee-jerk dislike of Donald Trump, or I would not have wasted the time writing this post.

All too true @Cyber Liberty and to be expected of some posters, which is weird to me.

I don't mind honest criticisms of The Donald, but his fight for a wall is popular and direly needed.

That is irrefutable, even though some choose to make feeble attempts to refute it when all they say boils down to "I hate Trump."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2019, 07:13:59 pm »
Nah...it doesn't bother me much, it's just disappointing this one's Never Trump stance gets bolder and more hateful every day, it seems.  For about one glorious month in 2016 he actually saw good in the President, but that's been in tatters ever since.  He's been against Trump no matter what he does.

Just noting it.  And, as usual, I have to make clear I am not an Always Trumper.  I'm a Trump Neutral, and my opinion depends on what's he's doing on a given day.

Hah @Cyber Liberty   I think you are a just great Trumper Neutral!  I would consider myself one also except that I've basically agreed with everything he's done as President.

Yeah, he sometimes makes me cringe a bit, but then I think about how ticked off he makes the democrats and I'm okay with it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2019, 07:40:15 pm »
Hah @Cyber Liberty   I think you are a just great Trumper Neutral!  I would consider myself one also except that I've basically agreed with everything he's done as President.

Yeah, he sometimes makes me cringe a bit, but then I think about how ticked off he makes the democrats and I'm okay with it.

***blushing***
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2019, 08:20:10 pm »
...so screw the kids.  Got it.

Treated the same way as lawbreakers inside the US.  We don't send kids to prison with their parents.  Neither do parents get out of jail for having kids.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 11:33:56 pm »
President Trump's policy of separating illegal immigrant children from their parents hurt the cause of border security because it turned off voters.  There are unintended consequences for anything that gives David Duke a boner.
What about President Obama's policy of separating illegal immigrant children from their parents?

The only difference is that the MSM have been attacking Trump for continuing policies already in place.

Maybe Obama gave Duke a boner, too?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2019, 12:00:32 am »
Treated the same way as lawbreakers inside the US.  We don't send kids to prison with their parents.  Neither do parents get out of jail for having kids.

No one wants to see kids harmed, and that's why we need to make U.S. kids a priority first and foremost.  We need to stop parents trying to bring their kids through areas with very rough terrain, scorching heat, drug cartels, murderers, rapists, etc. Many of these kids are used as pawns and are victims.  The only way to stop this practice is to build a wall which immediately sends a message that our borders are now closed  We also need to stop all the perks given to illegals.  Word will soon get around that things have changed and illegal immigration is no longer accepted.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2019, 01:53:16 am »

Nope, and if the parents drag the kids along on their crime sprees, the kids are not put in jail but into foster care eventually.

These immigrant parents are using their kids, putting them in danger.  It's inexcusable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2019, 05:31:12 am »
Nope, and if the parents drag the kids along on their crime sprees, the kids are not put in jail but into foster care eventually.

These immigrant parents are using their kids, putting them in danger.  It's inexcusable.
If it's even their kid. Snag a rug rat, claim you are their parent (little Pepe is just mad) and go from one person trying to get in to a parent with your poor little child (welfare ticket, because children get them the benefits faster than just being a single man or woman).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2019, 06:24:30 am »
That's a common talking point from pro-illegal immigration groups.

Are you aware that one in five inmates is an illegal criminal?  Stats vary; some say 26% of the population, other stats show over 30%. That widely invalidates that most are coming here for a better way of life.  They cost the taxpayers millions every year. Quite frankly, I don't care to support them anymore.

B.S.

Are you aware  that Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants at a cost of appx. $18.5 billion a year?  In 2016, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to illegal immigrants.

I'm unlikely to give your sources anymore credit than you give CNN, but try me.

If I were to believe that most illegals come through legal points of entry and over stay their visas, then it supports my idea that there should be a moratorium on ALL migration to the U.S. (no visas allowed) until we have an adequate barrier along the entire border, more border patrol agents, control of our VISA system and close down ALL ports of entry till we have adequate means to track, log and vet them and a way to ensure that those that over stay their visas WILL be deported immediately.

That fits in well with my theory that Trump and his border cult hate colored people and all immigration.

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 01:19:22 pm »
  B.S.

That fits in well with my theory that Trump and his border cult hate colored people and all immigration.

You can ignore the facts all you want and you of course are welcome to your opinion.  I spent some time quite a few years ago gathering data and trying to enlighten people on illegal immigration.  Reactions from people included apathy, denial, indignation, to flat out rebellion. As the illegal population has grown over time, opinions have changed.  (The stats that I run across today, I believe are very conservative, but that's strictly my opinion.)

President Trump would have never gotten elected had people not changed their minds from apathy to acknowledgement.  Acknowledging that we have a major problem at our border and our government for decades has turned a blind eye.

https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Federal-Prisoners-Are-Aliens

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/#78fb0e9a12c4

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/us/undocumented-immigrants-crimes.html

http://www.fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/criminal-aliens

https://www.benefitspro.com/2018/01/04/the-impact-of-undocumented-workers-on-health-care/?slreturn=20190102080551

https://cis.org/Huennekens/32-Federal-Inmates-Are-Aliens

https://spectator.org/the-cost-of-providing-health-care-to-illegal-aliens/

https://www.urban.org/sites/default/files/publication/62771/410366-Illegal-Aliens-in-Federal-State-and-Local-Criminal-Justice-Systems.PDF

You can consider me racist and hating brown people all you want.  I find that laughable as I grew up in the Detroit area and today live in an area that also has Blacks, Hispanics and Asians (oh my)!

There is a difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL. 

We need a WALL to keep the ILLEGALS out period.  Your opinion differs on that so be it.  We can ping pong this back and forth, which I'm not willing to do.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2019, 01:43:50 pm »
President Trump's policy of separating illegal immigrant children from their parents hurt the cause of border security because it turned off voters.  There are unintended consequences for anything that gives David Duke a boner.

If that were 100% true, you'd have a point.
Now, people are bringing in children who are not their own, in order to make it easier to get in, and receive sympathy from people who agree with what you are saying.
It's simply not the case.
Coyotes and cartels traffic in everything, from avocados to people.
Bringing in drugs lands them in jail.
Bringing in people, with payments of 4 figures and up, makes it less likely to land in jail, and the people they bring in, garner sympathy of 1/2 of the country, with sentiments similar to those you've expressed.
To the cartels and the coyotes, it's about the money.
This is no humanitarian rescue mission.
At minimum, there is a tribute being paid to these close to the border state cartels to keep these "migrants" from being harassed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:48:57 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »

Agreed.
The people who work there, along the border, on a daily basis, want a physical barrier where they can have one.
Will it stop them from coming?
No, but it may slow them down long enough for border enforcement personnel to arrive.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:48:21 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2019, 01:50:06 pm »

Indeed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2019, 02:15:06 pm »

You mean THIS CNN @Once-Ler?  The one that does this kind of crap as a matter of routine now!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2019, 02:19:54 pm »
You mean THIS CNN @Once-Ler?  The one that does this kind of crap as a matter of routine now!

I gave up on him @Bigun. The boy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, in the summer, on Lake Wisconsin.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.