Author Topic: Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun  (Read 2044 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Answering the door is not what got him shot. Shooting at Police is what got him shot.
To answer your question, Yes. If you start firing on Cops, you are in fact shootable.

@240B

What about if the cops start shooting at you? Does that make THEM shootable?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I don't have to answer the door armed. I know who's out there before I open the door. And if I saw a gaggle of Cops at my door, the very last thing I would do is grab my gun. I'm not freaking John Dillinger.

@240B

Really? Are you psychic?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

Really? Are you psychic?
LOL - It's called a camera @sneakypete
No witchcraft is involved. I promise.

If you answer your door with a gun in your hand and there is a Cop out there, you're going to have a bad day.

My only point is that there ARE crazy people with guns. And sometimes family members are legitimately concerned. I don't about this guy but multiple people, including his family, called the Cops and the FBI to warn them about Nikolas Cruz. They reported multiple times that he was armed, unstable, and threatening to kill people. And they refused to do a damn thing.

I don't know anything about this case. But we have seen real-life, legitimate, reasons for a Red Flag Law in some limited specific cases.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LOL - It's called a camera @sneakypete
No witchcraft is involved. I promise.

If you answer your door with a gun in your hand and there is a Cop out there, you're going to have a bad day.

My only point is that there ARE crazy people with guns. And sometimes family members are legitimately concerned. I don't about this guy but multiple people, including his family, called the Cops and the FBI to warn them about Nikolas Cruz. They reported multiple times that he was armed, unstable, and threatening to kill people. And they refused to do a damn thing.

I don't know anything about this case. But we have seen real-life, legitimate, reasons for a Red Flag Law in some limited specific cases.

@240B

I don't have a camera over my door,and I do answer it with a gun in my hand.

As for the rest of it,WTF are the police involved? WHO is in a better position to take his gun away while he is sleeping,showering,etc,etc,etc,than a family member?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

I don't have a camera over my door,and I do answer it with a gun in my hand.

As for the rest of it,WTF are the police involved? WHO is in a better position to take his gun away while he is sleeping,showering,etc,etc,etc,than a family member?
Well Pete, if family members decide to take the guns away from an unstable violent family member who is threatening to kill people, they better make sure they get all of them. Or at least keep one of them for themselves. Because if he has a backup stashed in a buried coffee can, as Cruz did, then it may not go well for them afterwards.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Some folks won't like this link, so I've disabled a direct URL.
Copy and paste into the browser of your choice.
Add http://www to the beginning.
.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf
Read the subtitle.
Like him or not, this guy saw it coming.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:01:18 am by Fishrrman »

Offline verga

And Hoplophobia will be defined as the highest order of intelligence.
Had to look that word up, thank you for improving my vocabulary.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Me too.   Then I had to look up "neologism".   It was a 2fer!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:thumbsup:

As the founder of Faber College said, "Knowledge is Good."  (I just learnt this one in the past couple years.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: