Author Topic: Rand Paul testifies he thought he might die during neighbor’s attack  (Read 989 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul testifies he thought he might die during neighbor’s attack
‘The thought crossed my mind that I may never get up from this lawn again,’ Kentucky Republican says
Posted Jan 29, 2019 9:19 AM
Griffin Connolly

Sen. Rand Paul thought he might die when he found himself face-down on his lawn in November 2017, moments after his neighbor charged at him, tackled him from behind, and landed on top of him.

The blindside tackle, executed as he was standing up after hopping off his lawn mower to pick up a stick, sent Paul and the neighbor tumbling through the air roughly five to 10 feet down a slope, the Kentucky Republican testified Monday in a civil trial against his assailant, 60-year-old Rene Boucher.

Multiple outlets, including The Associated Press and the Bowling Green Daily News, reported from the trial.

The force of the landing with his neighbor on top of him broke six of Paul's ribs and punctured one of his lungs.

The injuries left Paul breathless. Another blow to his back, and he might die, Paul thought.

more
https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/sen-rand-paul-thought-he-might-die-after-neighbors-attack-in-2017
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Anytime you are attacked and knocked senseless it is up to the attacker if you die. Paul was right, he could of been killed by this liberal brute of a neighbor. I carry a gun on me most all the time, but there is no way to be constantly aware of our situation. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

There are millions of leftist nuts out there right on the edge like that screwball Hodgkinson who shot Rep Scalise and wanted to kill a bunch of Republicans.
The latest blowup with numerous liberals wanting to execute a young Republican for smiling at an Indian nutjob proves how perilous the situation is now.

Offline libertybele

I thought that this had already been settled.  The nutjob attacked a sitting Senator, he should get the maximum penalty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The attacker should lose his medical license. Who would want to be treated by such a nutbar?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Getting 5 of your ribs broken could lead most people to the impression they were going to be killed.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline collins

I thought that this had already been settled.  The nutjob attacked a sitting Senator, he should get the maximum penalty.

it's the civil part:

https://www.bnd.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article225173005.html

the old moonbat is retired and I don't buy his story about leaves

Offline verga

Now this is a guy that should not be allowed to have weapons.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.