Author Topic: Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun  (Read 2048 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

A 61-year-old man is dead after he was shot by an officer trying to enforce Maryland’s new ‘red flag’ law in Ferndale Monday morning.....

According to police, two officers serving a new Extreme Risk Protective Order (Red Flag Law), a Maryland protective order to remove guns from a household, shot and killed the man listed on that order......

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/11/05/fatal-officer-involved-shooting-in-anne-arundel-county/

Offline thackney

The British are coming, the British are coming...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The British are coming, the British are coming...

This time they are smart enough to label gun owners "crazy" and pick them off one at a time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"Officials said Willis answered the door while holding a handgun.

Willis then placed the gun next to the door.

When officers began to serve him the order, Willis became irate and grabbed his gun.

One of the officers tried to take the gun from Willis, but instead Willis fired the gun.

The second officer fired a gun, striking Willis. He died at the scene."

I guess we'll just have to take their word for how this went down.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

"Officials said Willis answered the door while holding a handgun.

Willis then placed the gun next to the door.

When officers began to serve him the order, Willis became irate and grabbed his gun.

One of the officers tried to take the gun from Willis, but instead Willis fired the gun.

The second officer fired a gun, striking Willis. He died at the scene."

I guess we'll just have to take their word for how this went down.

Supposedly his sister ratted him out. I wonder if she's pleased with how it all worked out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Supposedly his sister ratted him out. I wonder if she's pleased with how it all worked out.

If she's a hardcore anti-gun nut, she may be.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
This happened a while ago.

Sister got pi$$ed at him over something stupid and falsely reported him as a danger...cops showed up at ~5 in the morning, so the guy had cause to be suspicious when answering the door.

And now we reportedly have Rubio looking to introduce a similar nationwide...

http://www.conservativehq.com/article/29439-rubio-leads-gun-grabbers

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Take the guns first, due process later. - Hillary Clinton

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Sister got pi$$ed at him over something stupid and falsely reported him as a danger...cops showed up at ~5 in the morning, so the guy had cause to be suspicious when answering the door.

And therein lies the inherent problem with these feel good "Red Flag" laws...no due process no chance to face your accuser...and anyone who doesn't like you or like guns can get yours confiscated from you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And therein lies the inherent problem with these feel good "Red Flag" laws...no due process no chance to face your accuser...and anyone who doesn't like you or like guns can get yours confiscated from you.

The next step for the Red Flag gang is to declare gun ownership as Prima Facia evidence of insanity.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goodwithagun

She basically SWATted him.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The next step for the Red Flag gang is to declare gun ownership as Prima Facia evidence of insanity.

Yup gun ownership will be defined...by the left of course...as a form of mental illness.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yup gun ownership will be defined...by the left of course...as a form of mental illness.

And Hoplophobia will be defined as the highest order of intelligence.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And Hoplophobia will be defined as the highest order of intelligence.

Yup...LTC Cooper had that one nailed a long time ago.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The sister may have had legitimate concern about this guy.
He answered the door holding a weapon, which would indicate that he keeps it with him even in the home.
He decided to fire on Police. This is certainly not normal behavior.
Instead of this, we just as well could be reading about another family slaughter.
I wouldn't want this guy in my house carrying a pistol everywhere he goes.
If he would shoot Police, he would certainly shoot me.

But yes. This is a template for armed gun confiscation, which is an ominous harbinger.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ran out of current articles to post?

This article came out November 5, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He answered the door holding a weapon, which would indicate that he keeps it with him even in the home.
Instead of this, we just as well could be reading about another family slaughter.

But yes. This is a template for armed gun confiscation, which is an ominous harbinger.

I guess that makes me "shootable." 333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I guess that makes me "shootable." 333cleo
Answering the door is not what got him shot. Shooting at Police is what got him shot.
To answer your question, Yes. If you start firing on Cops, you are in fact shootable.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Answering the door is not what got him shot. Shooting at Police is what got him shot.
To answer your question, Yes. If you start firing on Cops, you are in fact shootable.

The part I highlighted suggested the act of answering the door armed makes one "shootable."  Now that I know you think I'm in that category I need to reassess your general stand on things.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The part I highlighted suggested the act of answering the door armed makes one "shootable."  Now that I know you think I'm in that category I need to reassess your general stand on things.
You either do not read what I write, or you are being an idiot this morning. Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that.

I don't have to answer the door armed. I know who's out there before I open the door. And if I saw a gaggle of Cops at my door, the very last thing I would do is grab my gun. I'm not freaking John Dillinger.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You either do not read what I write, or you are being an idiot this morning. Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that.

I don't have to answer the door armed. I know who's out there before I open the door. And if I saw a gaggle of Cops at my door, the very last thing I would do is grab my gun. I'm not freaking John Dillinger.

Just funnin' with you....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
According to the spokesman, Willis put his firearm down to read the ERPO but then, apparently recognizing that it wasn’t a legal search warrant issued by a judge in accordance with protections guaranteed to him by the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but instead was issued by a local judge under Maryland’s newly minted “red flag” law, he retrieved his firearm.

Offline mountaineer

If my lefty sister-in-law knew how many guns we had (and it's not very many at all), she'd happily rat us out - consequences be damned.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Well,if you want to be cynical,you might observe that there is now one less claimant to their parents estate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@240B

???? Where do you keep YOUR guns,at the gun club?

Seems normal to me. There they are at his door at 5 AM demanding he give them his personal property that he has a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to possess.

AND.....,this is important here,so pay attention,the only one that fired a shot was the cop that killed him.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!