Author Topic: House Democrats to Strike ‘So Help Me God’ from Oath  (Read 310 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A draft of a new committee rules package expected to be approved this week would strike the phrase, “So help me God,” from the oath witnesses take when they testify before the House Committee on Natural Resources.
Fox News says it received an exclusive copy of the committee’s draft that places the phrase in red brackets, a sign the words are slated to be eliminated.

If the phrase is cut, the House Committee on Natural Resources would ask witnesses to state only: “Do you solemnly swear or affirm, under penalty of law, that the testimony that you are about to give is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/29/house-democrats-to-strike-so-help-me-god-from-oath/
Is there any doubt whatsoever that the libs believe they and not God are in control?

In my opinion, people should be reminded that the ultimate authority, the one who made those who make laws, is God.

I recall this quote to place this sentiment into perspective:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: House Democrats to Strike ‘So Help Me God’ from Oath
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:23:50 am »
"So help me Progress" just didn't have the same ring to it, so they settled for nothing instead. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:24:45 am »
Its been coming for a long time.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 01:34:42 am »
If the phrase is cut, the House Committee on Natural Resources would ask witnesses to state only:

"Is that shit be for realz?"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 01:36:50 am »
Federal courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia don't use "so help me God" in witness or juror oaths.