Author Topic: 'This is bullsh-t': Chris Christie 'erupted' when humiliated with offer of labor secretary instead o  (Read 1450 times)

Offline corbe

'This is bullsh-t': Chris Christie 'erupted' when humiliated with offer of labor secretary instead of RNC chairmanship

by Steven Nelson

January 29, 2019 12:44 PM

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie describes a series of post-2016 election humiliations in his new memoir, including being pushed to consider the role of Republican National Committee chairman, before instead being offered the job of secretary of labor.

When he refused the Labor Department position, he was offered instead to be secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, or ambassador to Italy, or ambassador to the Vatican, he writes — all of which he refused.

“I don’t know what’s going on here, but I’ve had enough,” Christie recounts telling outgoing RNC chairman Reince Priebus, who relayed the disappointing news after then-President-elect Trump failed to show up to a meeting in Trump Tower in New York.

"This is bullshit," he recalls telling Priebus in Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics, which was released Tuesday.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/this-is-bullsh-t-chris-christie-erupted-when-humiliated-with-offer-of-labor-secretary-instead-of-rnc-chairmanship
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Jelly doughnut boy should have taken the offer.  :laughingdog: 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

Jelly doughnut boy should have taken the offer.  :laughingdog:

Italy has really good pasta, too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good thing Christie can still manage to stroke his ego, that's about all he can reach.

Offline Absalom

A total jackass:
* clown governor who accomplished absolutely zero,
* political lefty in the Woodrow Wilson mold,
* massive weight problem needy of controlled starvation.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:34:12 am by Absalom »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A total jackass:
* clown governor who accomplished absolutely zero,
* political lefty in the Woodrow Wilson mold,
* massive weight problem needy of controlled starvation.

He got Planned Parenthood closed and got them mad at him to be a pro-life governor in that area, must really be something. I'm sure he's done more for pro-lifers than any of us here and any or at least most of those Senators that ran in 2016.
Update: Governor Christie Vetoes bills the Senate and Assembly passed to use your tax dollars to fund the largest abortion provider. Take Action Now!
Posted on July 1, 2016
https://njrtl.org/tag/governor-chris-christie/

http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Chris_Christie_Abortion.htm

Daily Beast does a bit of a hatchet job but so what.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-give-trump-the-green-light-for-a-border-wall-emergency-declaration?ref=scroll

Chris Christie Repeatedly Cut Planned Parenthood Funding, Abortion Activists Want It Back
State   Steven Ertelt   Jun 23, 2015   |   11:17AM    Washington, DC
https://www.lifenews.com/2015/06/23/chris-christie-repeatedly-cut-planned-parenthood-funding-abortion-activists-want-it-back/

Gov. Chris Christie vetoes PP funding again
This article originally appeared in this issue of the WSR: 2012-07-03

New Jersey governor Chris Christie continues to fight Planned Parenthood, recently vetoing funding to Planned Parenthood for the fourth time!
https://www.stopp.org/article.php?id=10638

Also, like a lot of them, a pretty good legal mind.  Would have made a good enough AG.

Has done more in than all the Senators who ran in 2016 for the pro-life cause, maybe Rubio's record is very honorable as well.

But as for the others,    Some are more than just words.

@libertybele
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:17:54 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

He got Planned Parenthood closed and got them mad at him to be a pro-life governor in that area, must really be something. I'm sure he's done more for pro-lifers than any of us here and any or at least most of those Senators that ran in 2016.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Chris_Christie_Abortion.htm

Daily Beast does a bit of a hatchet job but so what.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-give-trump-the-green-light-for-a-border-wall-emergency-declaration?ref=scroll

Gov. Chris Christie vetoes PP funding again
This article originally appeared in this issue of the WSR: 2012-07-03

Also, like a lot of them, a pretty good legal mind.  Would have made a good enough AG.

Has done more in than all the Senators who ran in 2016 for the pro-life cause, maybe Rubio's record is very honorable as well.

But as for the others,   

I don't know what country you are posting from Tommy, but here in the US we have a state called New Jersey. This fat slob Christie Creme ran it very very poorly. So poorly in fact that a straight up Marxist now runs the state. A Marxist so far Left that any small things Christie Creme did on abortion will be flushed down the toilet. Enjoy.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump tossed him a bone, and he thought he was a player.  I suspect he never was.

Trump needs to build his own team versus using former Bushies.  They will bury him.

And I do agree with one thing, he needs to remove his son-in-law from the picture.  He is green as can be and has hurt Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

But as for the others,    Some are more than just words.

All great points @TomSea , seriously. :thumbsup:

Offline Absalom

I don't know what country you are posting from Tommy, but here in the US we have a state called New Jersey. This fat slob Christie Creme ran it very very poorly. So poorly in fact that a straight up Marxist now runs the state. A Marxist so far Left that any small things Christie Creme did on abortion will be flushed down the toilet. Enjoy.
------------------------------------
Comments are much too kind about Lard Butt!

Offline TomSea

Christie is going to be on Joe Pags this hour supposedly.

He prosecuted and may have convicted Jared Kushner' father. I did not know, he will be on at the bottom of the hour. Joe Pags is also on newsmax tv. Chris just wrote a book he's plugging.  This is what Joe Pags will be saying, maybe we will find out.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:21:40 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Yes, Christie convicted Kushner's father, tax evasion and... some more juicy things that they deferred not to talk about. Well, that's a good reason not to choose him for Vice-President, he would have been a better AG probably, Christie said he wouldn't have recused himself but run the investigation himself.

Offline TomSea

Christie will be on Laura Ingraham tonight at 9 pm CST, repeat at 1 am, CST.

Online libertybele

I'm not real fond of Christie, but he did take down Jared's pappy and for that I give him a ton of credit.  With Jared as Trump's advisor, there is no way that Christie is going to be welcome anywhere near Jared. Jared is just a disaster for Trump and for this country.

Chris Christie: Jared Kushner's father committed 'one of the most loathsome, disgusting crimes' I prosecuted

..........."Christie was referring to an elaborate revenge plot that the older Kushner hatched in 2003 in order to target his his brother-in-law, William Schulder, a former employee turned witness for federal prosecutors in their case against Kushner, who was under investigation at the time for making illegal campaign contributions.
As a part of the plot, Kushner hired a prostitute to lure Schulder into having sex in a Bridgewater, New Jersey, motel room as a hidden camera rolled. A tape of the encounter was then sent to Kushner's sister and Schulder's wife, Esther.

Ultimately, the intimidation stunt failed. The Schulders brought the video to prosecutors, who tracked down the call girl and threatened her with arrest. She promptly turned on Kushner.
In a plea deal negotiated by Christie, Kushner pleaded guilty to 16 counts of tax evasion, one count of retaliating against a federal witness -- his brother-in-law -- and another count of lying to the Federal Election Commission
...."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/politics/chris-christie-jared-kushner-father/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.