Author Topic: Trump: Chances of getting border-wall funding “less than 50-50”  (Read 1282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Chances of getting border-wall funding “less than 50-50”

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 8:41 am on January 28, 2019

At best. Donald Trump sounded pessimistic about his chances of getting border-wall funding in upcoming budget negotiations in Congress, but perhaps not pessimistic enough. In his interview with the Wall Street Journal, Trump cites the conference negotiators appointed as the reason for low odds of success, but the real issue is the same one as at the start — Nancy Pelosi:

President Trump said Sunday he doesn’t believe congressional negotiators will strike a deal over border-wall funding that he could accept and vowed that he would build a wall anyway, using emergency powers if need be.

Mr. Trump, in an interview, assessed the chances of whether a newly formed group of 17 lawmakers could craft a deal before the next government-funding lapse, in less than three weeks: “I personally think it’s less than 50-50, but you have a lot of very good people on that board.”

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/28/trump-chances-getting-border-wall-funding-less-50-50/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Kind of depressing, but then again, it's about setting the expectations.

Hopefully they'll start calling Trump, 'The Comeback Kid' if he pulls it off.  But it's not looking good, right now.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Kind of depressing, but then again, it's about setting the expectations.

Hopefully they'll start calling Trump, 'The Comeback Kid' if he pulls it off.  But it's not looking good, right now.

What will they call him when he fails as he has for 2 years?  My guess is "Messiah." :laugh:

Offline libertybele

My expectations of Trump have already been met.  He defeated Hillary and he placed a conservative justice on the bench.  That is all I truly hoped for.  Interesting that he accomplished the two reasons Cruz gave to vote for him.

No wall, no complete repeal of Bammycare and he made an offer of amnesty several times.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Would you believe 49-51?

Offline RoosGirl

Would you believe 49-51?

I'm going with 49-65.

Offline libertybele

-0-

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

-0-

You know that is the texting slang for a BJ right?

Offline RoosGirl

I love BJ's. 

Offline Frank Cannon

I love BJ's. 

Oh. I thought the kids were talking about something other than discount shopping in bulk. My bad.

Offline libertybele

You know that is the texting slang for a BJ right?

:slappy:

Offline Frank Cannon

:slappy:

I'm confused by your tie in to M&M's on the topic.

Offline RoosGirl

Oh. I thought the kids were talking about something other than discount shopping in bulk. My bad.

Well that's an odd way to change the conversation, but whatevs.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well that's an odd way to change the conversation, but whatevs.

I don't know. It seems more germain to the topic than bite sized candies.

Offline aligncare

Allow me to Trumpsplain: “Chances are 50% we get the wall through legislation, 50% through a national emergency declaration.”

Either way, we’re getting the wall (barrier and enhanced security).

Nervous nellies.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Would you believe 49-51?

How about two cops in a rowboat?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Chance of getting the wall are zero.  Shutting down the government will not motivate the Democommies to do anything.  They are committed to do nothing for two years, count on it.

Trump should bypass Congress and build the wall by executive order.  It will end in the courts, but perhaps they rule in his favor before the election next year.  Every day passing is a lost day.  Congress is no longer functional, and the GOP has control of neither house in Congress.  They are worth less than a pimple on the *ss end of an untouchable.

Congress is worthless, an institution designed for abdicative behavior and accomplishing nothing in the 21st Century.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:51:48 am by jafo2010 »

Offline roamer_1

Trump should bypass Congress and build the wall by executive order.  It will end in the courts, but perhaps they rule in his favor before the election next year.  Every day passing is a lost day.  Congress is no longer functional, and the GOP has control of neither house in Congress.  They are worth less than a pimple on the *ss end of an untouchable.

It won't end in the courts. it will end at the purse strings...
The money has to be allocated, and that is the House.
No way around that.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

It won't end in the courts. it will end at the purse strings...
The money has to be allocated, and that is the House.
No way around that.

Money has to be allocated by both houses.

The House is special in that tax bills must start there, but not spending bills.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DB

The ugly truth is even if the money is initially allocated for it they still won't actually do it. Neither party really wants it and there are many avenues to keep it from happening over time so it isn't "their fault".

Offline roamer_1

Money has to be allocated by both houses.

The House is special in that tax bills must start there, but not spending bills.

Regardless, the House. Not gonna happen.