Author Topic: Kamala Harris vows to get rid of private health care plans: 'Let's eliminate all of that. Let's move  (Read 1996 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

And no, it will not matter that she slept her way to the top.

"Sleeping" with Willie wasn't the service she was paying with.

But since we're adults here, we don't call it what she was really doing for him.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Sen Harris is nothing more than Chapter 2 of Obama, only in a skirt.  To say she is dangerous is an understatement.  She will be the person to carry the moniker, "if her lips are moving, she is lying".  She is equally clueless to Obama. 

Consider it good or bad news, she does not stand a chance when HR Clinton announces she is running, as is true for the other dunderheads that think they have a chance.  They don't.

Single payer would work in the USA if done right, but all the stakeholders involved in the process are clueless to do it right.  I have spent over 20 years in healthcare with a focus on reducing cost, and we could have a Medicare Program for all, again if done right.  But it is fantasy to ever get there.

Fact is, I believe we are headed to another revolution, for the liberal left will not agree to do anything.  Trump is wasting his time with Pelosi and Schumer.  Their only response for the next two years will be "NO"!.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Sen Harris is nothing more than Chapter 2 of Obama, only in a skirt.  To say she is dangerous is an understatement.  She will be the person to carry the moniker, "if her lips are moving, she is lying".  She is equally clueless to Obama. 

Consider it good or bad news, she does not stand a chance when HR Clinton announces she is running, as is true for the other dunderheads that think they have a chance.  They don't.

Single payer would work in the USA if done right, but all the stakeholders involved in the process are clueless to do it right.  I have spent over 20 years in healthcare with a focus on reducing cost, and we could have a Medicare Program for all, again if done right.  But it is fantasy to ever get there.

Fact is, I believe we are headed to another revolution, for the liberal left will not agree to do anything.  Trump is wasting his time with Pelosi and Schumer.  Their only response for the next two years will be "NO"!.

Do you seriously think a bloated bureaucracy of paper-pushers should be in charge of healthcare? I don't and I never will.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Does the ignorant twit realize that because of forcing policy holders to subsidize those with pre-existing conditions, insurance has skyrocketed?

Does she think it will be any different under single payer?
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Actually, in many ways they already are in charge of healthcare, and were in charge before Obama too.

So, to define my healthcare program, I will share some of my thinking.  It is my contention that healthcare cost to the taxpayer could be about 30-35% of what it is today.

I favor a single system, eliminating roughly 28 hierarchies within the Fed government regulating healthcare.  End all of them, and incorporate into one system.  There really is no need for CHAMPUS, Medicare, Medicaid, CHIPS, and 24 other programs, each with their hundreds of high paid bureaucrats sitting around dreaming up changes to healthcare that cost the taxpayer billions each and every year in systems changes alone.  Pure nonsense.  And that is now, and what we lived with before Obamacare.  Obamacare was just one more idiotic attempt by government to f*ck things up.  Really!

For most of my life, I have had corporate care, and there was always a limit, usually $1 or $2 million lifetime cap.  Well, I believe we need to have a cap on care funded by the taxpayer.  Let that cap be $1 or $2 million.  Any idea what that rule alone would save the taxpayer?  Huge savings.  Right now, there is no limit for one person.  We will spend hundreds of millions if necessary.  Again, nonsense.

End high cost procedures funded by government.  Organ transplants are extremely costly, and largely funded through Medicaid.  I know one person that had 5 liver transplants, each over $1 million in cost that prolonged his life 7 years.  4 out of 5 were funded by Medicaid.  And here is the good part.  Technically, he was never eligible for any of them.  He had Hep B, which precludes eligibility, but because he had a liver doctor who is in the who's who of transplants, he got a liver quickly every time he needed one.  WE NEED TO END GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT IN HEALTHCARE TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE.  So, with a single system, one assumes they have more, but not in my program of healthcare.  My focus is largely preventive, with the insurance companies providing supplemental coverage, defined plans A through ZZ if necessary, but defined for the benefit of the consumer.  You want a transplant, you pay for the coverage through the plans that offer it.

One of the huge expenses on healthcare in the USA is pharma.  Americans largely fund pharma for the world, and that needs to end.  If we had anyone in Congress that gave a sh*t about the American people, or these stinking bureaucrats, pharma would cost a true fraction of what it does today.

Now I said we fund pharma for the world, and you are scratching your head.  Let me explain.  Remember when anthrax was being sent around the country 15 years or so ago?  The primary anti-biotic was Cipro, which then sold for $120-200 per prescription.  Know what that same med sold for in Russia?  ONE DOLLAR!  The USA taxpayer/consumer is funding pharma for the whole world, believe me.  IF OUR CONGRESS WERE WORTH A GOOD BM(and they are NOT!!!), THEY WOULD IMMEDIATELY PASS A LAW THAT NO PHARMA CAN SELL FOR LESS IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAN SOLD HERE IN THE USA.  Do any of you know what this single change in our laws would do to cost here in the USA?  Again, HUUUUGE SAVINGS!

There are many changes I would make, but to keep this somewhat shorter than what it would be if I did a White Paper, the final thing I would mention is this.  70% of the cost for healthcare for the average person in America occurs in the last three months of life.  I believe if a physician determines a patient is terminal, than I believe the last six months of cost should be limited to keeping the patient comfortable in their home or in hospice. 

It is my estimate that roughly $200 billion was spent to take and integrate Obamacare into existing systems, which was frought with FUBAR outcomes, and not one dime of that money went to patient care, just systems.  Dumbest thing I have seen this country do besides squandering TRILLIONS on the Middle East(i.e. Iraq and Afghanistan).

And the irony is that we have Democommies in Congress that will not spend $5.7 billion to protect our own border from illegal invading aliens, drug cartels, human trafficking agents, and God knows what else.  Immoral my *ss!  And the idiot pope getting his two cents in on the conversation when he is tucked away behind a what, 50' wall?   Just another commie cretin.

As I said, healthcare in America could be done at a fraction, with the government having a much smaller well defined role to play with real spending limits to control their stupidity.  Just ending the thousands of high paid bureaucrats alone in Washington would save a ton!  Ending separate systems for 28 hierarchies, huge.  Ending the high cost folks in the USA pay for pharma...huge!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ms. Harris:
"If you like your health insurance, we won't let you keep it..."