Author Topic: Trump calls for global warming to 'come back' amid winter storm  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Applewood

Trump calls for global warming to 'come back' amid winter storm
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:48:35 am »
Trump calls for global warming to 'come back' amid winter storm

President Trump on Monday asked "what the hell is going on" with global warming as states in the Midwest prepare to face wind chills as low as minus-65 degrees below freezing this week.

Trump in a tweet also urged global warming to "come back fast."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/427384-trump-urges-global-warming-to-come-back-fast-as-midwest-faces-cold

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump calls for global warming to 'come back' amid winter storm
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:52:13 am »
Of course, this is a hit piece meant to make Trump look foolish.  Doesn't he know there is a difference between weather and climate change?   *****rollingeyes*****

Actually, I agree with him.  We in the Midwest and on the East Coast need more global warming right about now.  LOL

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 03:48:25 pm »
Of course, this is a hit piece meant to make Trump look foolish.  Doesn't he know there is a difference between weather and climate change?   *****rollingeyes*****
The climate change alarmists don't know the difference. It's weather. It's all weather. And possibly sun spots.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 04:10:18 pm »
Heh heh, nice to have a POTUS that says what we think for once.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 04:17:57 pm »
Heh heh, nice to have a POTUS that says what we think for once.

In this case, what's even better is that his tweet will give all the "climate change" believers a coronary.  I know on a day like today, when I say something like "I could use some global warming right about now," the believers among my family and friends go into complete meltdown.  It's a lot of fun to watch. 

By the way, I hear in my corner of the world wind chills tonight and tomorrow could reach -60 F. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:44:51 pm »
 :bigsilly:

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:49:31 pm »
In this case, what's even better is that his tweet will give all the "climate change" believers a coronary.  I know on a day like today, when I say something like "I could use some global warming right about now," the believers among my family and friends go into complete meltdown.  It's a lot of fun to watch. 

By the way, I hear in my corner of the world wind chills tonight and tomorrow could reach -60 F.

Please stay in and stay warm.  I don't even want to think about that kind of cold.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 05:28:00 pm »
Please stay in and stay warm.  I don't even want to think about that kind of cold.

Thank you, but I won't be going anywhere.  It's one nice thing about retirement.  I can stay home in bad weather.  I feel for those who have to go to work, for first responders and emergency workers like the gas and water company people.

The local weather lady just corrected the forecasted wind chill here.  -20 to -30.  Betweeen you and me I don't see much difference between minus 20 and  minus60.  It's all bone chilling cold to me.

Just saw a report about Chicago.  The city not only closed schools, but employers are telling employees to stay home.  Now that's bad.  When I worked, my employers almost never told us to stay home.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:02:27 pm »
I love saying the same thing. You can see the Libs go Bat poop crazy
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 04:24:28 am »
I love saying the same thing. You can see the Libs go Bat poop crazy

Oh yes.

I, without meaning to, set one off so badly he was literally screaming at me about Gaia being our mother and how we were raping her.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 04:32:37 am »
    I still don't like him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 04:38:15 am »
    I still don't like him.

You don't have to, just vote for him, because the alternative will be worse.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 04:43:18 am »
   If the $hit show in 2020 is Trump and some leftist that has a chance to get Texas's 39 Electoral votes, I will stand in the pouring rain to cast a vote for him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 12:56:08 pm »
   If the $hit show in 2020 is Trump and some leftist that has a chance to get Texas's 39 Electoral votes, I will stand in the pouring rain to cast a vote for him.
@corbe Looks like TX is in danger of going blue.
David M. Drucker  Verified account @DavidMDrucker
9m9 minutes ago

NEW: From outside, Texas looks like potential 2020 trouble for @realDonaldTrump because steady climb in Hispanic voters. But actually, state's leftward drift is byproduct of opposition to POTUS in white suburbia. https://washex.am/2Rp4v64
The story is from the Washington Examiner: White suburbia the source of Trump's Texas troubles .
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 03:40:53 pm »
Thank you, but I won't be going anywhere.  It's one nice thing about retirement.  I can stay home in bad weather.  I feel for those who have to go to work, for first responders and emergency workers like the gas and water company people.

The local weather lady just corrected the forecasted wind chill here.  -20 to -30.  Betweeen you and me I don't see much difference between minus 20 and  minus60.  It's all bone chilling cold to me.

Just saw a report about Chicago.  The city not only closed schools, but employers are telling employees to stay home.  Now that's bad.  When I worked, my employers almost never told us to stay home.
When I was a schoolchild growing up in Wisconsin, we not only just about never missed school even during the harshest winters, we usually had to walk to school and back about one half mile away. I remember my nostrils freezing up in sub-zero temps many times.
The only time we didn't attend school because of cold weather was when the school boiler didn't start one day. They got it fixed by the next day.
My father only drove me to school one day for some reason I can't remember, and it might not have been severely cold that day.
The only other day we missed a day of grade school was when we received the record snowfall  for my area. I still remember seeing one of my neighbors trudging down the street outside our house on his way to work trying to navigate through the deep snow and drifts.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 05:33:28 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:05 pm »
When I was a schoolchild growing up in Wisconsin, we not only just about never missed school even during the harshest winters, we usually had to walk to school and back about one half mile away. I remember my nostrils freezing up in sub-zero temps many times.
The only time we didn't attend school because of cold weather was when the school boiler didn't start one day. They got it fixed by the next day.
My father only drove me to school one day for some reason I can't remember, and it might not have been severely cold that day.
The only other day we missed a day of grade school was when we received the record snowfall  for my area. I still remember seeing one of my neighbors trudging down the street outside our house on his way to work trying to navigate through the deep snow and drifts.

I remember going to school in snow and subzero temperatures.  I believe the reason schools are delayed and canceled now has to do with liability insurance issues.  Also, most kids are bussed and the buses  don't function well in brutally cold weather. 

I guess over the years, I've become a wimp when it comes to extreme cold and snow.  I just will not go out in it.  I could blame it on age, but a close friend about 10 years older has no problem with the extremes.  So there you are. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 06:40:31 pm »
You don't have to, just vote for him, because the alternative will be worse.
---------------------------------------------
During the creation of our nation/state, the likes of Washington, Adams, Jefferson,
Madison, Rutledge, Hamilton and many more were present; so we could choose up.
Last time round, our choice was between the likes of Hilarity and Trumpet; so now
we can choose down. That reality says volumes about our direction and future.

Offline ConstitutionRose

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 12:05:04 pm »

I guess over the years, I've become a wimp when it comes to extreme cold and snow.  I just will not go out in it.  I could blame it on age, but a close friend about 10 years older has no problem with the extremes.  So there you are.

Me too!  I used to make fun of the seniors who moved to Florida, but now I understand why.  The cold actually hurts!    I think age has something to do with it @Applewood.  This is the 1st year, I've felt the cold as pain.  People don't all age in the same way.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 12:16:47 pm »
Me too!  I used to make fun of the seniors who moved to Florida, but now I understand why.  The cold actually hurts!    I think age has something to do with it @Applewood.  This is the 1st year, I've felt the cold as pain.  People don't all age in the same way.
I hated cold weather even as a child.  It was actually colder fifty/sixty years ago in Wisconsin. When January rolled around there would be several weeks when the temps got down to 20-30 below zero. Even when the sun came out it was just too darn cold to play outside. It seemed whenever I tried to play outside or go ice-skating, my toes would freeze.  Walking to school in sub-zero weather was an ordeal.
That meant staying indoors on the weekends and watching  tv which included polka shows on our one channel. Whoopee. That was sometimes more painful  than experiencing the cold weather.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 03:38:51 pm »
I hated cold weather even as a child.  It was actually colder fifty/sixty years ago in Wisconsin. When January rolled around there would be several weeks when the temps got down to 20-30 below zero. Even when the sun came out it was just too darn cold to play outside. It seemed whenever I tried to play outside or go ice-skating, my toes would freeze.  Walking to school in sub-zero weather was an ordeal.
That meant staying indoors on the weekends and watching  tv which included polka shows on our one channel. Whoopee. That was sometimes more painful  than experiencing the cold weather.

There's some medications that'll do that. Also a few dietary choices.

Might want to check your medicine cab/prescription list.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com