Author Topic: Pelosi suggests Normandy fence for the border, but not a wall  (Read 1547 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi suggests Normandy fence for the border, but not a wall
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:33 pm »
Pelosi suggests Normandy fence for the border, but not a wall
by Susan Ferrechio
 | January 31, 2019 12:20 PM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she could support a border security deal that adds new Normandy fencing along about 30 miles of open border.

But she won’t bring a bill to the floor that includes Trump’s vision for a wall or steel-slat barrier, she said.

“There is not going to be any wall money in the legislation,” Pelosi told reporters Thursday. Pelosi controls the House floor, and her approval of a border security deal is required for legislation to make it to the president’s desk by a Feb. 15 deadline.

Pelosi said she’d back Normandy fencing used to finish approximately 700 miles authorized by the 2006 Secure Fence Act. A 2017 government report determined about 50 miles of that authorized fencing are incomplete, although Republicans have put forward higher estimates. Pelosi said only 30 miles are incomplete.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/pelosi-suggests-normandy-fence-for-the-border-but-not-a-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Pelosi suggests Normandy fence for the border, but not a wall
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 10:06:00 pm »

Yeah Nanc. That fence will really keep people out. The reason they call it a Normandy Fence is because only the French would be deterred by it.

BTW if a fence is good, why is a wall not better?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:16 pm »
Someone needs to tell this senile old witch that the "Normandy fence" did not work … and it's being replaced.

[After the guy in the video shows how easy it is to walk over the Normandy fence ---- don't miss what he says about Hillary     :laugh:  )

Sorry...

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:24:58 pm »
You know, if you were to station .50 caliber machine guns at 150-yard intervals with interlocking fields of fire along the line, it might just work....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 10:29:37 pm »
You know, if you were to station .50 caliber machine guns at 150-yard intervals with interlocking fields of fire along the line, it might just work....

888high58888  -- add electric fencing to it, some barbed-wire and a few land mine field postings (keep them guessing)
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 10:38:56 pm »
Someone needs to tell this senile old witch that the "Normandy fence" did not work … and it's being replaced.

[After the guy in the video shows how easy it is to walk over the Normandy fence ---- don't miss what he says about Hillary     :laugh:  )

Sorry...

Sorry...

Anyone who believes that what Hills deleted was 30,000 yoga routines is an idiot.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:47:20 pm »

Follow the $$$$
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 11:05:08 pm »

Which would work until five minutes after the next Rat President is sworn in.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 11:14:08 pm »
I have a better idea.  How about we put a Normandy fence around the perimeter of Nancy's house and unload the next caravan in front of her house.   She can tell us how well it's working! 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 12:47:16 am »
Pelosi is an idiot
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 01:40:21 am »
This is a joke, right?
Good joke!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 02:02:28 am »
This is a joke, right?
Good joke!

I've been reading on this a little, and I have to say this is the most idiotic idea I've heard on the subject.  Even worse than Jersey Barricades.

Fer Chrissakes, we aren't defending ourselves from Jeeps and half-tracks (and tanks) here.  Talk about materiel mismatch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 02:04:57 am »
I've been reading on this a little, and I have to say this is the most idiotic idea I've heard on the subject.  Even worse than Jersey Barricades.

Fer Chrissakes, we aren't defending ourselves from Jeeps and half-tracks (and tanks) here.  Talk about materiel mismatch.

Perhaps she was being a smartazz.  Definitely an extreme waste of our money.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 02:16:01 am »
Perhaps she was being a smartazz.  Definitely an extreme waste of our money.

Or a construction project dreamed up by a mastermind determined to fail in the endeavor, intent on keeping the borders open for conquest.

Benedict Arnold was a piker compared to this, in the leaving defenses open department.  All he did was leave a river open.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 06:06:39 am »

Just how long do you think it would take a couple dozen guys with shovels to build a ramp over that?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 06:13:52 am »
Just how long do you think it would take a couple dozen guys with shovels to build a ramp over that?

Coupla days and one could drive a Semi-Truck right on over it. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 06:17:04 am »
Coupla days and one could drive a Semi-Truck right on over it.
Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis