Author Topic: North Carolina 3-year-old Casey Hathaway says he hung out with a bear after he vanished from his gra  (Read 979 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

North Carolina 3-year-old Casey Hathaway says he hung out with a bear after he vanished from his grandmother's backyard
NY Daily News, Jan 26, 2019, Jessica Schladebeck

[...]

“This little one was lost in the woods for days in the freezing temperatures, rain, dark nights and wind,” the fundraising campaign reads. “He told us that his best friend the bear was with him to keep him safe. Thanks to God’s mercy he came home to us alive and well.”

The toddler told a similar tale to law enforcement, who are still unsure how Casey remained mostly healthy in the woods for two day without food or water.

“He didn’t say how he was able to survive and all that,” Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes told WCTI. “He did say he had a friend in the woods that was a bear that was with him.”

[...]

Hundreds of people joined in the search to help find him, including some 600 volunteers and members of the FBI, NCIS and US Marine Corps.

Authorities are still working determine what exactly happened, but suspect Casey was moving around in the woods while they searched for him. Hughes added that at no point did officer believe the toddler had been abducted.

More:  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-casey-hathaway-hung-out-with-bear-missing-north-carolina-20190126-story.html

Offline andy58-in-nh

The good Lord was looking out for that little boy. I really take joy in that because so few of these stories end happily.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Twern't no bear.  It was Bigfoot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Was this kid talking about a bear in the animal sense or the gay sense?

Offline ConstitutionRose

Twern't no bear.  It was Bigfoot.

A Tibetan Mastiff or  a Leonberger.  If it was white, a Great Pyreenes. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

The good Lord was looking out for that little boy. I really take joy in that because so few of these stories end happily.

Me, too.  I thought it would be nice to believe in miracles -- even for a moment -- after this upsetting week in Washington.   happy77

@andy58-in-nh

Offline andy58-in-nh

Me, too.  I thought it would be nice to believe in miracles -- even for a moment -- after this upsetting week in Washington.   happy77

@andy58-in-nh

@Right_in_Virginia

These days, you really have to take joy wherever you can get it. The world is not only spinning faster these days but more crazily, it seems. 

It may just be me getting older, but the funny thing is that now when I hear of someone being cruel or angry, it actually inspires me to be nicer. Of course I'm heavily armed, so that probably helps.  happy77
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The bear was his guardian angel
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Right_in_Virginia

These days, you really have to take joy wherever you can get it. The world is not only spinning faster these days but more crazily, it seems. 

It may just be me getting older, but the funny thing is that now when I hear of someone being cruel or angry, it actually inspires me to be nicer. Of course I'm heavily armed, so that probably helps.  happy77

Nope. There's just more folks today than there was before, and media let's us see what so many of them are really like, just as they've Always been.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline montanajoe

Great outcome...

Whether is was a bear, big foot or the man in the moon...God was taking care of the little fellow...