Author Topic: Meghan McCain: I Hate America Without My Father’s Leadership  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Meghan McCain: I Hate America Without My Father’s Leadership
Breitbart, Jan 26, 2019

Meghan McCain, co-host of ABC’s The View and daughter of the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), told CNN’s Van Jones in an interview broadcast Saturday that she hates the United States without her father’s leadership.

VAN JONES: What have you learned about grieving, and what have you learned since your father passed that you wish more Americans who, all of us faces at some point, knew?

MEGHAN MCCAIN:  [...]  As an American, I hate this country without him in it. I know that sounds awful. I don’t hate America but I just hate it without his leadership. And, I’m very sad all the time, and I’m struggling with that sadness. I miss him in ways I never could have even fathomed, and then I try and say “What would my dad say?” He’d say “We are McCains and we don’t feel sorry for ourselves, and we’re blessed. Get up and keep fighting, Meghan.” That’s what I kind of do every day, and some days are better than others.

MCCAIN: I call myself a conservative. I’m still a member of the Republican Party. I still vote on the Republican ticket., but Republicanism is so tied up with being for Trump. But, I’m also not a Never Trumper.  [...]

More w/video:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/26/meghan-mccain-i-hate-america-without-my-fathers-leadership/

Re: Meghan McCain: I Hate America Without My Father’s Leadership
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 06:02:56 pm »
FTA

To me, when I grew up, conservativsm and character, my father was like really, really, I would say, militant about character. And now it seems like lying, well, it’s okay, it’s a little nebulous. Stealing, it’s a little nebulous. I just don’t think those are American characteristics.

How ironic.  In the first example she describes her father and in the second her mother.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:04:21 pm »
Well as an American I think Meghan is a fat disgusting pig and her mother should be doing time in Jail.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:05:29 pm »
FTA

How ironic.  In the first example she describes her father and in the second her mother.

Yeah. The Keating Five member and the pill popping thief are cited as role models. Eff her and the broke down donkey she limped in on.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 06:05:32 pm »
What Leadership?

McCain led squat.  He was a member of a debating society.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 06:07:25 pm »
With Romney now in the Senate, what's the frickin' difference?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 06:16:24 pm »
Look: the woman loved and idolized her father. Losing him was obviously an emotional ordeal for her, as it is for all of us who have lost parents. I think she deserves a bit of a pass here.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 06:17:31 pm »
With Romney now in the Senate, what's the frickin' difference?

The big difference is that McLame was able to wrap himself up in the American flag as a so called hero to give himself cred. Romney is just a garden variety loser that most people hate.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:15 pm »
Look: the woman loved and idolized her father. Losing him was obviously an emotional ordeal for her, as it is for all of us who have lost parents. I think she deserves a bit of a pass here.

She gets an automatic pass if she keeps her bleep yap shut.  Otherwise she deserves to be ripped to shreds.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:50 pm »

No. The death was a while ago and she is being presented as a thought leader by herself and the crap networks she guests on. It is also very deliberate wording going on here. She is not some innocent flower who is getting asked questions on her way to visit the grave. She is fully involved in making money saying stupid shit like this.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 06:21:32 pm »
Yeah. The Keating Five member and the pill popping thief are cited as role models. Eff her and the broke down donkey she limped in on.

Every time I get depressed at the news, I remember McCain is dead, and then I'm happy again.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 06:21:51 pm »

Okay, fair enough @andy58-in-nh  .... But does this come with a statute of limitations?   happy77

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:22:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 06:23:08 pm »
She gets an automatic pass if she keeps her bleep yap shut.  Otherwise she deserves to be ripped to shreds.

I'll tell you what: if she's still talking this way in a year's time, you'll know she's just looking for attention. Not that she hasn't done that before, as we all know. But in the short term: let her go. It's on CNN. No one's watching anyway, unless their plane is delayed.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 06:24:35 pm »
Okay, fair enough @andy58-in-nh  .... But does this come with a statute of limitations?   happy77

Oh, absolutely. See my response to @RoosGirl. I'm letting her off now, not forever. 

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 06:26:15 pm »
I'll tell you what: if she's still talking this way in a year's time, you'll know she's just looking for attention. Not that she hasn't done that before, as we all know. But in the short term: let her go. It's on CNN. No one's watching anyway, unless their plane is delayed.

Okay ... one year.   888high58888

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 06:57:54 pm »

You have a good heart @andy58-in-nh   :beer:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:29 pm »

She could have kept it to herself, or confided her feelings to close friends privately.  But, NOOOOOOOOOO!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:00:10 pm by dfwgator »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 07:05:41 pm »
She could have kept it to herself, or confided her feelings to close friends privately.  But, NOOOOOOOOOO!

She's a public figure, which is her choice of course. And public figures sometimes verbally confuse their feelings with wisdom.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 07:16:23 pm »
“Let’s see Donald Trump save America now!” - John McCain

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 07:28:08 pm »
Ignore her.

Instead employ the time, on good future candidates, representatives and ideas.

Focus on persuading others; a skill set too rarely present with many conservatives.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 07:35:42 pm »
But, I’m also not a Never Trumper
Yep sure...LOL
This has to qualify as this year's most absurd quote to date.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:37:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 07:37:31 pm »
But, I’m also not a Never Trumper
Yep sure...LOL
This has to qualify as this year's most absurd quote to date.

I'm glad you pointed that out.  I thought she said she was one.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 08:00:05 pm »
   I certainly don't miss him.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2019, 08:02:43 pm »
No pass.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »
She needs a Happy Meal, a New Flannel Cuddle Blankie and a trip to the nearest petting zoo.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com