Author Topic: Mick Mulvaney: Trump ready to secure border 'with or without Congress'  (Read 457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mick Mulvaney: Trump ready to secure border 'with or without Congress'
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | January 27, 2019 10:44 AM

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney signaled Sunday that President Trump is prepared to declare a national emergency in order to obtain funding for a border wall.

A temporary spending deal was reached last week to reopen large swaths of the federal government that were shuttered for more than a month. The White House and Congress now have three weeks to come up with a long-term legislative solution, which Mulvaney said on "Fox News Sunday" would be the "right way" to obtain funding to fulfill Trump's demand for $5.7 billion in funding for a barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border.

If Trump doesn't secure the funds he seeks, "at the end of the day, the president’s commitment is to defend the nation and he’ll do it either with or without Congress," Mulvaney told Fox News' Chris Wallace.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mick-mulvaney-trump-ready-to-secure-border-with-or-without-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Mick Mulvaney: Trump ready to secure border 'with or without Congress'
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 05:24:09 pm »
I understand the idea.  I don't know if it will make one bit of difference waiting.  Not with public opinion.  Not with the hopes that Democrats will come to the table and fund the wall.  I get it that they are trying to be the better person by giving them a chance.  But it is painfully obvious with the victory dance Democrats did that they have no intention of coming to the table.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 05:26:32 pm »
Just Do It!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 05:27:36 pm »
I understand the idea.  I don't know if it will make one bit of difference waiting.  Not with public opinion.  Not with the hopes that Democrats will come to the table and fund the wall.  I get it that they are trying to be the better person by giving them a chance.  But it is painfully obvious with the victory dance Democrats did that they have no intention of coming to the table.

"What needs to be done eventually,  must be done immediately!"

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:29:30 pm »
   Sad that it took him 2 years to figure out that HIS own GOP Congress (Ryan/McConnell) didn't have his back.  I blame Reince and Kelly, what say you Trumpers?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 05:30:41 pm »
"What needs to be done eventually,  must be done immediately!"

I think so.  They are doing their best to be the reasonable party and give them a chance.  I don't know if it would pay off.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 05:37:09 pm »
MARGARET BRENNAN: Is the president really prepared to shut down the government again in three weeks?

MICK MULVANEY: Yeah I think he actually is. Keep in mind he's willing to do whatever it takes to secure the border. He does take this very seriously. This is a serious humanitarian and security crisis. And as President of the United States he takes the security of the nation as his highest priority. He doesn't want to shut the government down. Let's make that very clear. He doesn't want to declare a national emergency. What he wants to do is fix this the way that things are supposed to get fixed with our government which is through legislation. One of the reasons he agreed to open the government this week was to essentially take the Democrats at their word while their leadership have been telling us they were not interested in negotiating and they were sort of taking this do nothing and hope the president gives up approach. There were many many Democrats, both rank and file and some lower levels of leadership, would come to us and say look we- we happen to agree with you on border security, some of them were even very public about it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/transcript-mick-mulvaney-on-face-the-nation-january-27-2019/

He thinks so? We already know where Pelosi and Schumer stand. Near the conclusion of his remarks on Friday, the president said it would be shutdown or emergency declaration. Shutting down the government would indicate he wasn't serious about the emergency or has been advised it would be problematic. Declaration would lead to lengthy legal challenges. He's boxed himself in with a public statement - again.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.