Author Topic: Lashing Out at Psychologists for Messing with Men  (Read 585 times)

rangerrebew

Lashing Out at Psychologists for Messing with Men
« on: January 25, 2019, 06:14:42 pm »
Lashing Out at Psychologists for Messing with Men

By editor January 22, 2019

The controversial Gillette razor ad unleashed a barrage of comments supporting and rejecting the meme of “toxic masculinity.” The American Psychological Association, which recently presented new guidelines for identifying the aberrant condition is at the center of the debate. In reality, some “toxic” men are heroes (John McCain, Navy Seals, 9/11 Firefighters) or qualify as “toxic” by their extraordinary skills and risk-taking (Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, Martin Luther King.) Below are voices protesting the idea of reengineering men.

MASCULINITY ISN’T A SICKNESS

In my practice as a psychotherapist, I’ve seen an increase of depression in young men who feel emasculated in a society that is hostile to masculinity. New guidelines from the American Psychological Association defining “traditional masculinity” as a pathological state are likely only to make matters worse.

https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2019/01/22/lashing-out-at-psychologists-for-messing-with-men/

rangerrebew

Re: Lashing Out at Psychologists for Messing with Men
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 06:19:06 pm »
Are the men of BLM toxic?  How about firefighters and police? How about the military?  How about politicians?  You have to throw in black muslims, KKK, and black panthers.  I'm sure muslim men would fit in there (they wouldn't want to give up their beatings and honor killings).  All male athletes have to be toxic.  Painting with broad strokes, I guess.  And what about antifa? :bullie smokin:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:20:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 01:50:07 am »
They're Psychologists.

They don't care What kind of cat it is or who it belongs to.

They'll gladly skin it to make a dirty buck.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 08:35:39 am »
They're Psychologists.

They don't care What kind of cat it is or who it belongs to.

They'll gladly skin it to make a dirty buck.
They're pretty creative when it comes to effing people's heads up so they can have a continuous stream of clients....Lots of ways to skin that cat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:03:23 pm »
They're pretty creative when it comes to effing people's heads up so they can have a continuous stream of clients....Lots of ways to skin that cat.

Dinesh D'Souza said the 1st thing he leaned in prison was "Never Give Up The Con."

Where's the $ percentage in curing people, even if they Could?

How is anyone supposed to Cure anyone else of Incorrect Thoughts/Moods/Opinions through mind altering drugs and the repeated application of Collectivist Political Philosophy?

Isn't curing Political (establishing healthy norms for interfacing with/running, Society) Opinions what places like TBR are for/aim for/aspire to?

Need I point to all the Disorder/Dissension that entails, right on these pages?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:05:34 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 04:22:27 pm »
Dinesh D'Souza said the 1st thing he leaned in prison was "Never Give Up The Con."

Where's the $ percentage in curing people, even if they Could?

How is anyone supposed to Cure anyone else of Incorrect Thoughts/Moods/Opinions through mind altering drugs and the repeated application of Collectivist Political Philosophy?

Isn't curing Political (establishing healthy norms for interfacing with/running, Society) Opinions what places like TBR are for/aim for/aspire to?

Need I point to all the Disorder/Dissension that entails, right on these pages?

Dissention? What dis...

Hang on....

HEY! NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM!

Now, where we?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 05:13:35 pm »
Dissention? What dis...

Hang on....

HEY! NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM!

Now, where we?

Sounds like a massive outbreak of Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Better just dump the drugs in the water supply and get them All.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:23:59 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »

Sounds like a massive outbreak of Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Better just dump the drugs in the water supply and get them All.
Drink nothing but distilled water.

Sorry...

C S Lewis