Author Topic: Calculation or Cave? Time Will Tell On Shutdown Agreement  (Read 674 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Calculation or Cave? Time Will Tell On Shutdown Agreement
« on: January 26, 2019, 06:00:14 pm »
Calculation or Cave? Time Will Tell On Shutdown Agreement
Mark Davis

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 7:10 PM

If there’s anything the Trump presidency should have taught people in the opinion business, it is to pause before overreacting in the short term.  As such, I will temporarily shelve my gut response to the arrangement that has been made to re-open the government.

I’ve spent the last few weeks warning that the Democrat lure—“Re-open the government, and then we’ll really, really negotiate in good faith”—is a trap that should be ignored.   But then I’ve spent the last two years trusting that the President knows what he’s doing, an assumption that has held up well in most cases.  I deployed it this week as he agreed to delay the State of the Union address, figuring he was engaged in the psychology of brief acquiescence in order to push even harder at the border bargaining table.

Well, apparently not just yet.

The President Friday agreed to a temporary funding measure that sends the suffering furloughed federal employees back to work, and he did it without receiving a dime of wall funding.

Social media exploded with characterizations of this as caving under pressure.  Some were the laments of frustrated Trump supporters; others were the gleeful smirks of his detractors.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/markdavis/2019/01/25/calculation-or-cave-time-will-tell-on-shut-down-agreement-n2540287
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Calculation or Cave? Time Will Tell On Shutdown Agreement
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 06:44:02 pm »
Sometimes when people get really mad, they become focused and effective.  I hope this is the case here, but I doubt it. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:05:11 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 12:09:01 am »

Sorry...

:whistle:

That was fascinating.  What kind of a moron wants to pack a suit in a duffel bag? rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 12:20:30 am »
Sometimes when people get really mad, they become focused and effective.  I hope this is the case here, but I doubt it.

Trump needs a pep-talk from Clint:

Sorry...

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 12:25:04 am »

Strangely I'm one of the those people. When I get really angry all the clutter clears and I become singularly focused with very good clarity. That happens very rarely though...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 02:02:03 am »
Trump needs a pep-talk from Clint:

Sorry...

Perfect!