Author Topic: Mark Meadows: If Obama could send money to Iran, Trump can find money to build the wall  (Read 406 times)

Online corbe

Mark Meadows: If Obama could send money to Iran, Trump can find money to build the wall

by Melissa Quinn
January 26, 2019 12:02 PM

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, R-N.C., said Saturday that if President Barack Obama could send money to Iran as part of the 2015 nuclear deal, President Trump should be able to find money to build the wall along the southern border without being blocked by the courts.

“Listen, if President Obama can send $1.8 billion to the Iranians — I can tell you I didn’t appropriate that — certainly finding a few billion dollars for border security on our southern border is something that this president can do legally and without a challenge,” Meadows told Fox News in an interview.

Trump announced Friday that a deal to temporarily end the partial government shutdown, which then was in its 35th day, had been reached. The agreement included no money for a wall along the southern border, as the president has demanded, but reopened shuttered agencies through Feb. 15.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mark-meadows-if-obama-could-send-money-to-iran-trump-can-find-money-to-build-the-wall
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Meadows, however, conceded that discussions between Republicans and Democrats will not be a cakewalk.

“You can’t look at this situation and believe that it will be easy,” he said of the forthcoming negotiations. “Obviously, the shutdown of the last 35 days would indicate that, but I do believe that high-ranking Democrats, not just those swing state, new freshman, but high-ranking Democrats, are willing to look at strategic fencing and border barriers as part of it.”
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.