Author Topic: Meet the GOP Senators Who Voted to End the Shutdown  (Read 991 times)

rangerrebew

Meet the GOP Senators Who Voted to End the Shutdown
« on: January 25, 2019, 05:12:58 pm »

2019-01-24 Source: AAN by: AAN Staff

By Charles te Mechelen

Six Republican Senators voted with their Democratic colleagues this afternoon to advance a stopgap measure to end the 34-day partial government shutdown.

The "clean" funding bill provided no additional funding for President Trump's proposed wall. (The Hill)

GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Susan Collins (Maine), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Johnny Isakson (Ga.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Mitt Romney (Utah) voted to advance the continuing resolution (CR), which would have fully reopened the government and funded it through Feb. 8.

The measure fell short of the 60 votes needed to break a filibuster.

Read more at http://americanactionnews.com/articles/meet-the-gop-senators-who-voted-to-end-the-shutdown#5k8mfQHUtATxeGfb.99

Offline dfwgator

Re: Meet the GOP Senators Who Voted to End the Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 05:13:54 pm »
Cheap Labor Ãœber Alles!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 05:29:25 pm »
Wasn't Williard (Mitt) the just other day praising the President's stand on the border and the shutdown?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 05:33:45 pm »
Wasn't Williard (Mitt) the just other day praising the President's stand on the border and the shutdown?

He absolutely was.  I'm beginning to think we can't trust what Mitt says.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 05:36:40 pm »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 05:40:24 pm »

Well lets see...he went left when he was Governor of Massachusetts...leaned right to get the GOP nomination and other than his brilliant 2nd debate with Obama (maybe it was the first one I don't remember) and his 47% comment wilted the rest of the way...then he went full on RINO and bashed Trump after he couldn't get the SecState...played the Conservative yet again to get elected Senator from Utah...now he's back to RINO mode.

You're right...we can't trust what he says.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 05:42:11 pm »
Well lets see...he went left when he was Governor of Massachusetts...leaned right to get the GOP nomination and other than his brilliant 2nd debate with Obama (maybe it was the first one I don't remember) and his 47% comment wilted the rest of the way...then he went full on RINO and bashed Trump after he couldn't get the SecState...played the Conservative yet again to get elected Senator from Utah...now he's back to RINO mode.

You're right...we can't trust what he says.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 06:08:50 pm »

@Emjay

:laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 10:46:42 pm »

2019-01-24 Source: AAN by: AAN Staff

By Charles te Mechelen

Six Republican Senators voted with their Democratic colleagues this afternoon to advance a stopgap measure to end the 34-day partial government shutdown.

The "clean" funding bill provided no additional funding for President Trump's proposed wall. (The Hill)

GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Susan Collins (Maine), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Johnny Isakson (Ga.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Mitt Romney (Utah) voted to advance the continuing resolution (CR), which would have fully reopened the government and funded it through Feb. 8.

The measure fell short of the 60 votes needed to break a filibuster.

Read more at http://americanactionnews.com/articles/meet-the-gop-senators-who-voted-to-end-the-shutdown#5k8mfQHUtATxeGfb.99

EVERY SINGLE ONE of them should be voted out of office the next election cycle,REGARDLESS of who they are running against. I am tired of hearing "Yeah,but.....,if we don't vote for them someone further to the left will take that seat!" So what? It's already held by the left. Get those posers out of there so actual conservatives can run against whatever baboon the DNC installed in those seats.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 11:14:47 pm »
EVERY SINGLE ONE of them should be voted out of office the next election cycle,REGARDLESS of who they are running against. I am tired of hearing "Yeah,but.....,if we don't vote for them someone further to the left will take that seat!" So what? It's already held by the left. Get those posers out of there so actual conservatives can run against whatever baboon the DNC installed in those seats.

They won't be though.  McConnell has a stranglehold on the Senate the way Pelosi does on the House.

Any threat by a real Conservative to one of the inner circle disciples of McConnell gets met with threats to ad agencies and PR firms of being blacklisted from any business from the GOP in the future.  NRSC money goes to those that are deemed worthy by Turtle.  And if Mitch feels threatened by your arrival in D.C....if your race is close with a Progressive in your state...Mitch will ensure you don't get funds to ensure your campaign is the victorious one.

Pelosi runs the House the same way...hence all those new Progressives (except for one) that said they'd vote against Pelosi if elected suddenly fell in line.

The only way the old bulls are gonna leave DC is if they go feet first.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 11:33:26 pm »

The only way the old bulls are gonna leave DC is if they go feet first.

@txradioguy

Not true. Voting for the most radical left-wing one-worlder running will put the RINO's out of office,and MAYBE give up actual conservative candidates to replace them.

At any rate,that is exactly what I plan to do if there is no Border Wall in 2020.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 11:36:05 pm »
@txradioguy

Not true. Voting for the most radical left-wing one-worlder running will put the RINO's out of office,and MAYBE give up actual conservative candidates to replace them.

At any rate,that is exactly what I plan to do if there is no Border Wall in 2020.

That's my plan.  Assuming a border wall won't even be started by 2020 (count on it, it won't be), then I don't see a path for The Donald to earn my vote in 2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: