Author Topic: In a Democracy, The People Get The Government They Deserve  (Read 258 times)

rangerrebew

In a Democracy, The People Get The Government They Deserve
« on: January 25, 2019, 04:02:10 pm »
In a Democracy, The People Get The Government They Deserve

The post title is one my favorite all time quotes. It is the perfectly pithy expression of my own thoughts and feelings about the non-stop clown parade the American people seem content to send to the nation’s capital every election cycle. This simple ten word sentence is also positively dripping with sarcasm, which any reader of this blog will know would have made it an instant favorite of mine from the moment I bumped into it.

My first exposure to the quotation remains lost in the swirling mists of my personal memory. Whatever it was, the moment of exposure surely connected the quote to Alexis de Tocqueville – prominent 19th Century French politician and political scientist – because until today I was certain he was its’ author.

But today is the day I began researching the facts around fleshing out the general idea for this post. While I browsed the Intertubes for information on deTocqueville, I certainly did confirm, as expected, he was the author of the great work of political and social science that nailed a profound examination of the American character – Democracy In America (1835).

http://libertyatstake.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-democracy-people-get-government-they.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:02:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: In a Democracy, The People Get The Government They Deserve
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 05:44:18 pm »
This author seems to think the US is a "democracy."  Cute of him. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: