Author Topic: GOP senators read Pence riot act before shutdown votes  (Read 3253 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP senators read Pence riot act before shutdown votes
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 04:09:29 pm »
We have a professional legislators, professional bureaucrats, professional lobbyists, and professional political activists. What we as citizens no longer have are representatives.

Very true! At ANY level!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 04:18:55 pm »
Cheap Labor TRUMPS all.

As does a generation of voters.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 04:21:22 pm »
We have a professional legislators, professional bureaucrats, professional lobbyists, and professional political activists. What we as citizens no longer have are representatives.

Here's a bumper sticker for us.

Says it all in one sentence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 04:21:55 pm »
Exactly right. Question is how we get it back? COS or revolution?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 04:30:35 pm »
Exactly right. Question is how we get it back? COS or revolution?

I'm convinced that the COS route is a fool's errand.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 04:32:12 pm »
Here's a bumper sticker for us.

Says it all in one sentence.

George Carlin was right:

“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.”

Well there is one part where George isn't totally right about these days:

"and they are elected by American citizens."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:33:00 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 05:45:21 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 05:57:51 pm »
Why are they mad at Pence?

The Democrats in the House are the ones stalling. They know the longer they hold out, the angrier their union constituencies get... and the unions will keep telling them to vote Democrat. They can cause the crisis and not be held accountable.

Even if Trump agreed to no wall at this point, I'm not convinced the Democrats would agree to it.

My guess is they vented to him because he's the President of the Senate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 06:37:00 pm »
Did you seriously post propaganda from a Democrats Congressional web page as factual information on this board?
@Hoodat
No.  I posted from THE Congressional web page.  Elections have consequences. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 10:35:57 pm »
Ahhhh,Marshmallow Mitch and his RINO buttbuddies are worried about their bags of "extra" cash not showing up.  If Mitch is this worried about it,there are  hordes of illegal aliens coming in from China we aren't being told about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2019, 10:36:45 pm »
Republican senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), warned the vice president that prolonging the shutdown is not a smart political strategy

Yeah. If anyone knows about smart political strategy it is this half dead ass wipe that no one outside of DC likes.

@Amb. Frank Cannon

Not true. His handlers at the Chinese Embassy LOVE him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2019, 10:39:49 pm »
What are they yelling at Pence for?  It's the Democrats who are keeping the government shut down.

@Hoodat

Yeah,but it's the Dims they have the profit-sharing arrangements with.