Author Topic: The Hill: Trump says he agreed to delay State of the Union because Pelosi was 'actually reasonable'  (Read 1518 times)

Offline corbe

Trump says he agreed to delay State of the Union because Pelosi was 'actually reasonable'

By Brett Samuels  - 01/24/19 05:45 PM EST

President Trump said Thursday that he agreed to delay the State of the Union address because Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was "actually reasonable" in her request to reschedule the speech, despite his previous protestations.

"It’s really her choice," Trump told reporters at the White House. "I would have done it in a different location but I think that would be very disrespectful to the State of the Union to pick some other place."

"What she said, I thought, was actually reasonable," he added. "We’ll have the State of the Union when the shutdown’s over."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426889-trump-i-agreed-to-delay-state-of-the-union-because-pelosi-was
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

As painful as it is to hear, I think I know why he's saying this.

Food for thought: https://theweek.com/articles/819128/why-trumps-immigration-compromise-shrewd-move
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:24:27 pm by skeeter »

Online libertybele

Trump says he agreed to delay State of the Union because Pelosi was 'actually reasonable'

By Brett Samuels  - 01/24/19 05:45 PM EST

President Trump said Thursday that he agreed to delay the State of the Union address because Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was "actually reasonable" in her request to reschedule the speech, despite his previous protestations.

"It’s really her choice," Trump told reporters at the White House. "I would have done it in a different location but I think that would be very disrespectful to the State of the Union to pick some other place."

"What she said, I thought, was actually reasonable," he added. "We’ll have the State of the Union when the shutdown’s over."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426889-trump-i-agreed-to-delay-state-of-the-union-because-pelosi-was

I think I either need a couple scotch & sodas or some pot to consider the rationale of Pelosi being reasonable.  Maybe both. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I think I either need a couple scotch & sodas or some pot to consider the rationale of Pelosi being reasonable.  Maybe both. :shrug:

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s a way to get an agreement on a CR, re-open the government, give workers their back pay, have the SOTU, and make the declaration during its delivery. Here are the comments in context.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:34:02 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

People are surprised that a guy trying to negotiate with morons is not calling them 60 sacks of son of a bitch?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What a pantload.  He just threw away any chance of being reelected.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Hmmm, yeah.  :facepalm:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
People are surprised that a guy trying to negotiate with morons is not calling them 60 sacks of son of a bitch?

If it was that they were just morons............  But they are doing their best to ruin this country.  There is an agenda that we cannot afford to ignore.  Just look at the lunes who were elected in Congress on the left.  The only prescription for dealing with this sickness is expose.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

Somebody oughta make booze out of weed... Hey @corbe ...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Maybe that was the plan all along? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The only prescription for dealing with this sickness is expose.

They were never really my thing, but if you say so.....

Sorry...
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She was reasonable?  As evidenced by what?  What plan did she present that showed she was reasonable?

:facepalm:

Offline roamer_1

It certainly is a pantload anyway...

Online verga

As painful as it is to hear, I think I know why he's saying this.

Food for thought: https://theweek.com/articles/819128/why-trumps-immigration-compromise-shrewd-move
Interesting take on it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

No thanks to the weak Repukes, Trump doesn't have the upper hand here.

But still, the SOTU is not the "Hill To Die On."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

But still, the SOTU is not the "Hill To Die On."

No, it isn't.  The wall is. 

The SOTU could be done in writing, but Trump just has to have his precious speech before Congress, which is why he gave Pelosi veto power over it.  We now know a speech before Congress is more important to him than fulfilling his promise to build a barrier.

Consider your lips read, Mr. One-Term President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Thank the pragmatists in your ranks, who care more about 'winning' and 'butts in the seats' than they do about aligning behind the principles that supposedly define your party.

Online rustynail

Radio says shutdown over?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Radio says shutdown over?

Not yet.  I understand the House passed a Pelosi bill, with no wall, to the Senate.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not yet.  I understand the House passed a Pelosi bill, with no wall, to the Senate.

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Thanks, I didn't realize how much I missed that graphic.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

IKR?  It's not like Pelosi is a Republican like little Marco or Lyin Ted