Author Topic: Exclusive: White House Preparing Draft National Emergency Order And Identified $7 Billion For Wall  (Read 4971 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Washington (CNN) — The White House is preparing a draft proclamation for President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency along the southern border and has identified more than $7 billion in potential funds for his signature border wall should he go that route, according to internal documents reviewed by CNN.

Trump has not ruled out using his authority to declare a national emergency and direct the Defense Department to construct a border wall as Congress and the White House fight over a deal to end the government shutdown. But while Trump's advisers remain divided on the issue, the White House has been moving forward with alternative plans that would bypass Congress.

"The massive amount of aliens who unlawfully enter the United States each day is a direct threat to the safety and security of our nation and constitutes a national emergency," a draft of a presidential proclamation reads.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/24/politics/trump-border-wall-emergency-draft/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:27:04 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG you didn't put *CNN* in the title..the snowflakes here will be traumatized when they click on this article... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

I get updates from the major news networks on my phone and they have been very fast with coverage today.   :shrug:

Offline Axeslinger

OMG you didn't put *CNN* in the title..the snowflakes here will be traumatized when they click on this article... :smokin:

Well played @mystery-ak ...well played
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

:2popcorn: :pop41:  Still waiting.  Hopefully he's been consulting constitutional experts and his lawyers.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

:2popcorn: :pop41:  Still waiting.  Hopefully he's been consulting constitutional experts and his lawyers.

There’s no question he has the right to declare an emergency. Whether he can reappropriate the money he has identified is another question. That will be the basis for any legal challenge. Once he fires this bullet, expect court filings at faster than light speed. It would be difficult not to sign a CR, after that. It’s a big gamble.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

ha and ha

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348897.msg1898549.html#msg1898549
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I'm triggered. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I wasn't happy Trump backing off on the SOTU, but if he's willing to take this kind of stand on the wall, then he comes across being magnanimous on the petty stuff, decisive on the major stuff.

One thing for certain - if he doesn't get the wall, I don't see him being reelected.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

There’s no question he has the right to declare an emergency. Whether he can reappropriate the money he has identified is another question. That will be the basis for any legal challenge. Once he fires this bullet, expect court filings at faster than light speed. It would be difficult not to sign a CR, after that. It’s a big gamble.

There is a law. It was posted somewhere on the forum.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline edpc

There is a law. It was posted somewhere on the forum.

Probably this, from the article.....

The draft document cites Title 10 of the US Code, which allows Trump to unlock a stash of Pentagon funds that are earmarked but have no signed contracts for spending that money. That would give the President authority to pull from military construction funds and civil works projects, like infrastructure repair projects.

It’s still going to be challenged, along with suits brought by property owners who will fight the land seizure.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A double whammy...The Hill picks up CNN's story...oh my

White House preparing draft for Trump to declare national emergency: CNN
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426883-white-house-preparing-draft-for-trump-to-declare-a-national-emergency
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A double whammy...The Hill picks up CNN's story...oh my

White House preparing draft for Trump to declare national emergency: CNN
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426883-white-house-preparing-draft-for-trump-to-declare-a-national-emergency

And we are off and running.   oh boy!   

:silly:

Offline rustynail

A Federal Judge will put a stop to this impertinence.

Offline dfwgator

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
How is CNN able to "review internal documents?" Whose internal documents?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

Offline montanajoe

Seems to me that declaring a national emergency and then reopening the government is Trump's only option....

It will be tied up in the courts until after the 2020 election, but will give him a campaign issue to motivate the "base."  :shrug:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

The draft document cites Title 10 of the US Code, which allows Trump to unlock a stash of Pentagon funds that are earmarked but have no signed contracts for spending that money. That would give the President authority to pull from military construction funds and civil works projects, like infrastructure repair projects.
It’s still going to be challenged, along with suits brought by property owners who will fight the land seizure.

Eminent Domain.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/texas-rancher-offers-land-border-wall-tells-pelosi-maam-i-dont-know-where-you

Texas Rancher Offers Land for Border Wall, Tells Pelosi: ‘Ma’am, I Don’t Know Where You Get Your Facts’

Offline dfwgator

Seems to me that declaring a national emergency and then reopening the government is Trump's only option....

It will be tied up in the courts until after the 2020 election, but will give him a campaign issue to motivate the "base."  :shrug:

It's a Time For Choosing.

Offline libertybele

Not worried about the property owners as there is a TX rancher who has come forward offering to give up part of his land for a wall.  Others on the border would probably welcome a wall as well as some have actually come home to 'squatters' on their property.

From my understanding it is the government that owns the land along the Mexico, Texas, Arizona, California border. 

The main fight is going to be from the leftists like the EPA.  God forbid if we build on dirt and disturb the wildlife, though the border has been littered with trash for decades.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/border-rancher-ready-to-give-up-land-for-wall
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Should we call you Roy?

No, Roy is gone. And since he used the past tense there "Triggered" means he can't get it up like in that old picture. Put out to pasture. The username is probably a reference to glory days and now. It is really kinda sad, isn't it?