Author Topic: How Meghan's favourite avocado snack - beloved of all millennials - is fuelling human rights abuses,  (Read 22057 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6621047/How-Meghans-favourite-avocado-snack-fuelling-human-rights-abuses-drought-murder.html

The Duchess of Sussex has rightly been praised for making the fusty old Royal Family more socially and ethically aware.

But that was until an old friend from her Hollywood days was invited round for a bite to eat and posted online a picture of what was widely assumed to be high tea.

Pride of place went to avocado on toast —on silver platters, no less. ‘Still being the avocado toast whisperer, YUM!’, trilled her guest, Daniel Martin. The celebrity make-up artist said it took him back to the days when he and Meghan Markle collaborated on her lifestyle blog, The Tig.

‘The consummate hostess,’ he enthused.Well, perhaps not so much.

The campaigning duchess may be passionate when it comes to racial equality and female empowerment, but for someone who wants to save the planet, she’s committed something of a faux pas with avocados.

For all their health benefits and tastiness, the fact is that rampant avocado production in the Third World has been linked with water shortages, human rights abuses, illegal deforestation, ecosystem destruction and general environmental devastation.

Offline Frank Cannon

What a disgusting murdering pig this woman is.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

:silly:

Laugh all you want. They look like an innocent fruit but avocados are more deadly than hand grenades....

Offline RoosGirl

Laugh all you want. They look like an innocent fruit but avocados are more deadly than hand grenades....

Actually they kind of look like hand grenades.

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually they kind of look like hand grenades.

Shit. Maybe that's what they were using in WWII. All the pics are black and white from then so you can't tell if they are green or not.

Offline RoosGirl

Shit. Maybe that's what they were using in WWII. All the pics are black and white from then so you can't tell if they are green or not.

Might as well use them for that, they taste like... umm.... body excretion.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

For all their health benefits and tastiness, the fact is that rampant avocado production in the Third World has been linked with water shortages, human rights abuses, illegal deforestation, ecosystem destruction and general environmental devastation.

Anyone else immediately think of CA (the state that grows the most avocados, BTW)?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Might as well use them for that, they taste like... umm.... body excretion.

I didn't think you were that type of lady. Had you more into the Poodle Skirt and Pat Boone crowd.

Offline RoosGirl

I didn't think you were that type of lady. Had you more into the Poodle Skirt and Pat Boone crowd.

What is that all over Pat's face?

Offline Frank Cannon

Anyone else immediately think of CA (the state that grows the most avocados, BTW)?

I rarely think about Central America to be honest.

Offline Frank Cannon

What is that all over Pat's face?

Possibly some sort of fluid. Probably Brylcreem.

Offline RoosGirl

Possibly some sort of fluid. Probably Brylcreem.

Is that made with avocado?

Offline Frank Cannon

Is that made with avocado?

Not being old enough to know for sure, I would guess so. Old pics of people using it look like they smell bad.

Offline RoosGirl

Welp, all of this talk of avocado makes me want to go poach an egg.

Offline Frank Cannon

Welp, all of this talk of avocado makes me want to go poach an egg.

You add vinegar to that for flavor?

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

That's disgusting.

I don't know. I read that vinegar keeps things clean too.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't know. I read that vinegar keeps things clean too.

Oh yeah, I clean with vinegar all the time.  It's good at cutting soap scum, cleaning floors, polishing banisters, etc.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh yeah, I clean with vinegar all the time.  It's good at cutting soap scum, cleaning floors, polishing banisters, etc.

I polished the banister about an hour ago after I looked up who Meghan Markle was.

Offline RoosGirl

I polished the banister about an hour ago after I looked up who Meghan Markle was.

Does not compute.

Offline Frank Cannon

Does not compute.

Don't know computers? Then you won't be able to Keynote in Cupertino.

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm guessing that's probably the same avocado, with photos taken 2 hours apart each time.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Avocados?
Who eats them?
Why?

Offline mountaineer

I wonder what percentage come from Calif. (and Mexico, maybe) vs. how many come from all other countries.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org