Author Topic: Footage reveals Prince Philip had crash in 1964 while driving Queen  (Read 739 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Footage reveals Prince Philip had crash in 1964 while driving Queen
Duke drove ‘straight at me’, says man interviewed by ITV after accident in Berkshire

As Norfolk police continue to investigate the Duke of Edinburgh’s serious collision near Sandringham, archive footage relating to a previous car crash involving Prince Philip in 1964, who had been driving the Queen at the time, has been unearthed.

The ITV footage shows a bemused driver – named Mr Cooper – explaining how he was forced to swerve after seeing Philip driving “straight at me” as he pulled into the road in the Berkshire village of Holyport.

Cooper, standing next to his badly damaged vehicle at the scene, said: “I pulled over, as you can see the tyre marks, and he swerved and he caught me offside. He pushed me over, right across this road into here.

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/24/footage-reveals-prince-philip-had-crash-in-1964-while-driving-queen

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Footage reveals Prince Philip had crash in 1964 while driving Queen
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:53:36 pm »
First off who the hell cares that some 100 year old fossil wrecked 55 years ago. Secondly the LR2/Freelander 2 Rover that this corpse crashed in this last accident is one of the best Rovers the company has built since the Defender....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 02:22:25 am »
the LR2/Freelander 2 Rover that this corpse crashed in this last accident is one of the best Rovers the company has built since the Defender....
Nice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 02:26:33 am »
1964?

Tommy you were still wetting your bed.  And you were calling radio stations asking to let Prince Albert out of the can.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 04:13:59 am »
Nice.

I'll say. I've had a bunch of Rovers and these post BMW ones are a dream. I have an old Disco 2 is easily the worst built car I have ever seen and I played with a Yugo years ago.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 04:27:22 am »
1964?

Tommy you were still wetting your bed.  And you were calling radio stations asking to let Prince Albert out of the can.

LOL. Tommy is like Chance in the movie Being There.